Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Product Launched - FINALLY

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2006, 3:09 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Dave Marsh
Looks good to me, especially like the closet in F. Its a shame that CX have spent all this money on developing these fantastic new products and then put them on their website with no pop-up enlargements or advanced graphics to show them off though!
Old Sep 23, 2006, 4:11 am
Suspended
Original Poster

It is only a preview but at least the first product should be available by January 2007.

I am so looking forward to the new products in ALL classes.
Old Sep 23, 2006, 4:14 am

Programs: Mucci Reperateur des Coeurs Brises
The business class product looks great. No need to climb over your seat partner. A longer flat bed, 6" longer than the new BA seat will become. These two enhancements alone make it better than BA (unfortunately).

As I said in the another thread, I think it is a disappointment that BA did not make the new Club seats longer due to their current snugness, even for people shorter than 6" tall. I'm sure they will be great and I will not complain once I try it, but as CX shows it could be better.

First class seat looks very busy though... probably just poor presentation I guess.
Old Sep 23, 2006, 4:18 am

Originally Posted by SchmeckFlyer
First class seat looks very busy though... probably just poor presentation I guess.
It does look cramped, yes. Appreciate the ottoman, though!
Old Sep 23, 2006, 12:12 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
OK - no sour grapes I am certain that you are quite correct - but why exactly is this s thread on BA Forum? Haven't Cathay got their own Board? Apart from being in Oneworld and competing on the HKG run I can;t see why. Can you then tell me why - having just recently done one why BA aircraft seem so full in all cabins if CX are so much better?

Don't rush - I've got a dinner party to throw,
Old Sep 23, 2006, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by Dave_C
They look more like the EOS ones to me.
Actually, I think from looking at the pictures that they (the J product) are the 'Solar' seat from Contour Premium Aircraft Seating as used by Air Canada as their Executive First seats.
Old Sep 23, 2006, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
At who?

[Ducks Hairbrush]
Old Sep 23, 2006, 2:16 pm

Programs: Platinum Amex, BAEC Blue, BA PP Amex, Club SLH, Avis Wizard
This looks like CX are going to have the best product in all classes, shame they don't fly any of the routes I normally take (other than the JFK-YVR one).

Strange why the other airlines haven't copied the premium economy option as it always seems so popular on BA.
Old Sep 23, 2006, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by PointsMeanPrizes
Strange why the other airlines haven't copied the premium economy option as it always seems so popular on BA.
I think other airlines' modelling has made them wary about cannibalizing sales of their business class tickets. Without BAEC's restrictiveness about mileage earning in economy, Asia Miles and KrisFlyer, for example, do not present such a stark tradeoff between price and mileage-earning. My guess is that people are willing to forgo the leg space of enhanced economy for the quite acceptable product-service offering in CX or SQ Y.

Besides, FFers on these other programs (including me) appreciate the ability to use miles to upgrade from cheap economy classes straight into business class. So hush, you.

Back on topic: I'm very happy to see CX display this kind of leadership, particularly regarding the extra comfort for economy class passengers. Can't wait for AVOD StudioCX in Y.
Old Sep 23, 2006, 3:13 pm

OK - no sour grapes I am certain that you are quite correct - but why exactly is this s thread on BA Forum? Haven't Cathay got their own Board? Apart from being in Oneworld and competing on the HKG run I can;t see why. Can you then tell me why - having just recently done one why BA aircraft seem so full in all cabins if CX are so much better?
The announcement might have some bearing on the perception of BA's leadership in the airline industry. With the CW beds, BA was acknowledged as an original thinker in business class travel. This development puts pressure on BA to come up with something as innovative. Yes, the presence of BA and CX on the competitive and profitable LHR-HKG route makes the news particularly relevant.

In any case, the news certainly seems better related to BA travel than, say, a thread on Nokia chargers, no? From what I've seen, the BA forum is able to accept almost any topic for discussion, and then discusses with an admirably high quotient of entertainment. Would it have made you feel better if OP had placed "OT" in front of his title?

Well I'm envious now. I'm sure it's a fab party.

Last edited by jjpb3; Sep 23, 2006 at 3:44 pm
Old Sep 23, 2006, 3:27 pm

Programs: BA, LH, VS, Hyatt, SPG
Originally Posted by jjpb3
Back on topic: I'm very happy to see CX display this kind of leadership, particularly regarding the extra comfort for economy class passengers. Can't wait for AVOD StudioCX in Y.
^ Economy will always be lots of seats next to each other, but this in part of the cabin small changes can make a difference to passenger comfort and it's pleasing to see innovation in this sector.

I'm sure paying pax will welcome a more exclusive F cabin with fewer seats, but that does of course mean fewer reward seats for frequent flyers.

Last edited by ian001; Sep 23, 2006 at 3:38 pm
Old Sep 23, 2006, 6:56 pm

Smile

Originally Posted by frankvb
Maybe because you will lose legroom when being reclined? Unless the pitch is fairly high I wouldn't like to try those seats (being 1m91)!

BUT it prevents the pax in front from crushing your knees when he reclines. ^ It affects his space AND not yours. ^ ^
Old Sep 23, 2006, 10:45 pm

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Now we need CX to load Award seats a little further out than 2 weeks before travel.
Old Sep 24, 2006, 3:46 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by glob99
BUT it prevents the pax in front from crushing your knees when he reclines. ^ It affects his space AND not yours. ^ ^
Fully agreed, the fact that the seat in front does not recline into your space is great But I used to be able to stick my legs just underneath the reclining part of most Y seats. Obviously this also depends on pitch and seat design.
Old Sep 24, 2006, 4:23 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by jjpb3
The announcement might have some bearing on the perception of BA's leadership in the airline industry. With the CW beds, BA was acknowledged as an original thinker in business class travel. This development puts pressure on BA to come up with something as innovative. Yes, the presence of BA and CX on the competitive and profitable LHR-HKG route makes the news particularly relevant.

In any case, the news certainly seems better related to BA travel than, say, a thread on Nokia chargers, no? From what I've seen, the BA forum is able to accept almost any topic for discussion, and then discusses with an admirably high quotient of entertainment. Would it have made you feel better if OP had placed "OT" in front of his title?

Well I'm envious now. I'm sure it's a fab party.
Yes - well there is a lot of truth in what you say and I hope that you are read in the correct quarters! I think that part of the problem is that BA cn be somewhat smug when looking at the main competition on the North Atlantic routes who have never really understood to pitch Business Class. Should it be (Cathay) a downsized first or (American) a rather superior Economy product. Why they bother with 3 classes is quite beyond me as no one actually pays F at market rates by all accoubts. BA IMHO has the concept about right but of course the world moves on and you have to move or fall behind.

I am not usually a stickler for Board protocols and sticking OT on anything is usually a signal for all the wags, chavs, spivs, and yours truly to come along and chat over the washtubs. I do (and I am being serious here) sometime wince when I see things which i know will cause hissy fits - and you know as well as I do that had this been posted over at AA Forum (equally 1W) there would have been screeching over the sundaes. So, my thought was that this was more OneWorld chat then BA - that's all. I have to say I raised a thread asking about whether I should send Him Indoors on Continental's or Delta's Business Class. I asked here because the WCSs here are simply so well clued and if I asked at either Continental or Delta I know that I would have had partisan answers which is to be expected.

Next time I throw parties, I promise to ask you. I was thinking of throwing one for all the Muccis on 11th November - but I gather that you are all engaged elsewhere. Ah well, 'twill keep no doubt!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.