Wiki Posts
Search

Missing mileage due to 10 August

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2006, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, BAEC, HH
Missing mileage due to 10 August

Was booked from FRA-LHR-MIA in CLUB on 10 August and had checked in for BA901-FRA-LHR. Plane was on the runway when we returned to the gate due to the problems at LHR. BA put me on a Delta flight to ATL then on to MIA, this flight was also in C class. Just checked my BAEC account and noticed that they gave me credit me for FRA-LHR, which I did not take but was issued a boarding pass for. They did not credit the DL flight FRA-ATL-MIA. Seeing that this sort of thing has never happened to me before, my question is: Should I have received credit for my FRA-ATL-MIA flight with DL, with credit I mean, mileage and tier points. I purchased a RT ticket with BA in Club class, fare basis was J.
Thanking you all in advance for any help you may be able to provide.

P.S. on my flight coupon which was re-issued by BA at FRA they added the following comment in the restrictions section: INVOL RE-ROUTED.
Old Aug 19, 2006, 8:49 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
You should receive mileage for the original journey (FRA-LHR-MIA). As well you are able to claim mileage for the Delta flights on a Skyteam FF account.

Unless BA does not follow standard practice...
Old Aug 19, 2006, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
frankvb is right, it's in the EC T&Cs (which I am a bit too PUTI to look up and link to now ). File a claim on the automated BA form inside your EC account, and if that doesn't work, I'd suggest PM'ing the details to the ever-helpful BA Executive Club, Lyndsay. IME, you'll get the credits fine eventually.
Old Aug 21, 2006, 2:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, BAEC, HH
Thanks for your help. ^ Just spoke with BAEC in Germany and have received my tier points and mileage for the DL flight. Again, thank you for taking the time to respond. Have a nice day...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.