Search

upgrading from club

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2006, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Platinum, Starwood Gold, BA Blue, United Premier
upgrading from club

Hi,

I bought a discounted club ticket from a travel agent from SEA to LHR. I am trying to upgrade and Exec club says they cannot touch the reservation. My travel agent says call BA.

The BA agent said they maybe able to offer you an upgrade for a nominal price at the airport ( no miles).

any thoughts or suggestions?

thanks
Old Aug 20, 2006, 1:44 pm
Suspended

Welcome to FT.

You can only upgrade (with BA Miles) tickets purchased at www.ba.com, so alas you are out of luck.

Just enjoy the great fully flat beds and service in Club World, which you got at a bargain price.

You can learn more about Club World and perks on board and on the ground by clicking the link below:

www.deepersleep.co.uk

Note you need double the miles to upgrade from Club to FIRST that you would need for WT+ to Club, so it's not the best value.

Next time you can book a restricted WT+ Premium Economy fare for between $600-$800 in some cases round trip including taxes and upgrade to Club World for just 25k BA miles, and earn 125% of miles flown.

What did you pay, out of interest?

Last edited by krug; Aug 20, 2006 at 2:03 pm
Old Aug 20, 2006, 2:57 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
Originally Posted by traderf430
The BA agent said they maybe able to offer you an upgrade for a nominal price at the airport ( no miles).
US outstations are one of the places that do allow you up purchase an upgrade at checkin. I've done this ex-BOS - cost $250 from Y to W. Assuming you've got a return fare, you should realise that you definately won't get this sort of offer ex-LHR, you'll get offered the standard change fee plus fare difference (if you're lucky!) - and if your fare is a cheapie, it's likely to be non-changable.

You can also do this on board, although it may cost more - the official price I've been given from W to J was £600 - so I'd imagine J to F might be similar. You need to talk to the purser about this as soon as you get on board, and may not be possible, depending on how much catering is loaded.
Old Aug 20, 2006, 3:34 pm

Programs: SK EBS / BA Silver / BMI Gold / KLM Silver
On a related subject, I paid for an upgrade from Economy to Club at the ticket desk in Sao Paulo the other day, but EC has credited me the Economy miles and tier points. Since I paid for the upgrade (rather than an OpUp) should I get the full Club points? And if so how should I go about claiming?
Old Aug 20, 2006, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by Teece
US outstations are one of the places that do allow you up purchase an upgrade at checkin. I've done this ex-BOS - cost $250 from Y to W. Assuming you've got a return fare, you should realise that you definately won't get this sort of offer ex-LHR, you'll get offered the standard change fee plus fare difference (if you're lucky!) - and if your fare is a cheapie, it's likely to be non-changable.

You can also do this on board, although it may cost more - the official price I've been given from W to J was £600 - so I'd imagine J to F might be similar. You need to talk to the purser about this as soon as you get on board, and may not be possible, depending on how much catering is loaded.
J to F is about £1200 each way on US routes for onboard upgrade.. ie not worth it!
Old Aug 20, 2006, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
I would even go as far as to say that upgrading from J to F with miles is not worth it. (at least on BA)
WT+ to J with miles however is one of the best deals around !
Old Aug 20, 2006, 6:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by smudge
On a related subject, I paid for an upgrade from Economy to Club at the ticket desk in Sao Paulo the other day, but EC has credited me the Economy miles and tier points. Since I paid for the upgrade (rather than an OpUp) should I get the full Club points? And if so how should I go about claiming?
People have reported varying degrees of success with this on the board. Call the EC, and tell them you can fax in the evidence of the fact you paid the upgrade fee (I assume of course that you kept the MCO receipt which the ground staff presumably issued when you paid for the upgrade?).

I paid about £130 for a Y-->W upgrade at check-in in HKG last year and was credited full miles/points for W travel.
Old Aug 20, 2006, 6:39 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by koksy
J to F is about £1200 each way on US routes for onboard upgrade.. ie not worth it!
What are the current rates for J->F on board upgrades (are these different from check-in counter UGs?
Old Aug 21, 2006, 2:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, etc. etc.
Originally Posted by krug
Welcome to FT.

You can only upgrade (with BA Miles) tickets purchased at www.ba.com, so alas you are out of luck.
That's not true. You can only upgrade with BA miles tickets bought from BA, either online or offline.
Old Aug 21, 2006, 2:24 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
Originally Posted by nologic
What are the current rates for J->F on board upgrades (are these different from check-in counter UGs?
koksy quoted £1200 e/w. I think that the onboard prices are more than the check-in desk prices.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.