Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

OT: BAA Worldpoints introduces Loyalty Bonuses

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2006, 2:30 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance
Original Poster

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGLfL

How It Works
We’ve introduced loyalty bonuses so you can earn points even faster. The new loyalty bonuses are calculated for each calendar year from 01 January to 31 December.
This Year:
- earn 250 standard* points and receive a loyalty bonus of 100 points
- earn 500 standard* points and receive a further loyalty bonus of 100 points
Once you’ve earned 500 standard* points, you’ll then receive double points on all your future transactions for the rest of the year.Next Year:
For members who earn under 500 standard* points in 2006, the loyalty bonus calculations as outlined above start again in 2007 (and every year you earn under 500 standard* points in the previous year).
For members who earn over 500 standard* points in 2006:
- You’ll continue to receive double points in 2007 but the two 100 points loyalty bonuses do not apply.
- Provided you earn over 500 standard* points in 2007, you’ll earn double points the following year (and every year you earn over 500 standard* points in the previous year)
If in 2007 or any subsequent year you don’t earn over 500 standard* points, the loyalty bonus calculations as outlined above will start again for the next year.
* Standard points are 1 point per £1 spent at Tax and Duty Free outlets, other participating retailers, bars and restaurants, car rental, travel agencies and car parking facilities and 1 point per £10 spent in bureaux de change. Standard Points excludes joining bonus points, promotional points and goodwill points. Double points will only be awarded on standard points earned. 100 points loyalty bonuses do not apply if you are earning double points for a full calendar year. See terms and conditions for full details
Old May 20, 2006, 3:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Priority Club RA, Lots of other cards
Hi
This is really good news as I use my BAA card a lot. I was not sure what to do with the points but have started converting them to "Air Miles". It only works out at 30 Air Miles per 250 points but it all adds up.

If you travel enough using BAA airports and dont have a BAA card then get one, its well worth it. Even when you use Travelex you can claim your BA Air Miles and also your BAA World Points.

regards
Old May 20, 2006, 4:26 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by Radioman
Even when you use Travelex you can claim your BA Air Miles and also your BAA World Points.
Excellent, I am sure that like me not a lot of people know that. ^
Old May 20, 2006, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by BA or bust
Excellent, I am sure that like me not a lot of people know that. ^
Including Travelex - at least when you order online earning BA miles, and now at LGW when paying flat rate commission.
Old May 20, 2006, 9:32 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Silver
and the discounted parking rates aren't bad, either.
Old May 22, 2006, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Even when you use Travelex you can claim your BA Air Miles and also your BAA World Points.
I casually handed over both my BA and BAA cards today when collecting some money at the T1 Terraces Travelex. The girl didn't bat an eyelid and swiped both, printing two loyalty 'You have been awarded points' receipts and that was that! Assuming they show up, ^^ Thanks, Radioman - I can't believe I didn't know this before! Picked up a twin pack of LP for 35 quid + 250 bonus points too on the way to the lounge...this almost makes up for the 10 minute queue at Zone R security this morning

Phil
Old May 22, 2006, 3:37 am

Programs: UA P, BA S, A3 *G, IHG Plat, Marriott Lt P, Hilton Gld, etc.
Hi
This is really good news as I use my BAA card a lot. I was not sure what to do with the points but have started converting them to "Air Miles". It only works out at 30 Air Miles per 250 points but it all adds up.
IMHO the best issue was (and it certainly is now) to receive £5 rebate vouchers for 500 points. previously that gave 1p equivalent price per point. now, assuming double points it will brings 2p per point (3,6 cpm in mileage equivalent). Needless to say it gives you flexibility where to spend them.
AX
Old May 22, 2006, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Best value is the half price HEx, StEx and GEx tickets if you are paying for them with your own money!

(In fact, it is still the best deal if you use your employers money! The half-price Heathrow Express tickets still have £13.50 printed on them when you get them from the machine, so you make a £6.75 profit from your employer for just 50 WorldPoints!)
Old May 22, 2006, 4:18 am

Originally Posted by G-BOAC
this almost makes up for the 10 minute queue at Zone R security this morning
Wasn't it nasty - I got "queue combed" out and permitted to skip ahead to make the 07:25 to FRA - and the traffic on the LHR spur road equally so. No time for lounging today
Old May 22, 2006, 4:32 am

Programs: UA P, BA S, A3 *G, IHG Plat, Marriott Lt P, Hilton Gld, etc.
Originally Posted by Raffles
Best value is the half price HEx, StEx and GEx tickets if you are paying for them with your own money!

(In fact, it is still the best deal if you use your employers money! The half-price Heathrow Express tickets still have £13.50 printed on them when you get them from the machine, so you make a £6.75 profit from your employer for just 50 WorldPoints!)
I wonder how ethical it is to bill your employer for the charges you have not incurred. But yes, one is using xExs it is valid point.
AX
Old May 22, 2006, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by Shuttle-Bored
Wasn't it nasty - I got "queue combed" out and permitted to skip ahead to make the 07:25 to FRA - and the traffic on the LHR spur road equally so. No time for lounging today
I was there about 7:35. Curiously, for a while I was about 4/5 from the end...by the time I rounded the corner, it appeared to be back towards the entrance I heard talk in the lounge of people being rebooked on later flights, having missed their original ones due to some awful traffic on the M25. No idea what the cause was though.

Luckily, I was in plenty of time (miracle of miracles, every Tube pulled in as I arrived on the platform and sped along at breakneck speed so I actually got the 7:10 HEX instead of the 'Stop for Coffee then 7:40 HEX' I had planned on!)

Phil

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.