Wiki Posts
Search

Suggested Drinks in F?

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2006, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver / Bonyoy Platinum
Suggested Drinks in F?

Well I am happy to work my way through the JW Blue, Champers and Tanqueray 10 but what other drinks/cocktails can you suggest I ask for in F?

What can they mix up? Can they do any good Longs? Louisville Lemonade, Long Vodka etc?

I am just a bit fed up asking for G&T or Champers. Though I will if I really have to
Old May 16, 2006, 4:06 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
You could try asking for a Kir Royale and see what you get (BA no longer stocks creme de cassis).
Old May 16, 2006, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Oh yes we do.
Old May 16, 2006, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by Aerotec
I am just a bit fed up asking for G&T or Champers. Though I will if I really have to
Are you feeling unwell or something?

Between champers (maybe a glass of wine, but I like to stick with champagne) and Port, that tends to keep me in alcohol during a flight. Don't like to drink too much alcohol during a flight because of dehydration/headaches (drink water, juice, coffee/tea the rest of the time).

Would be good if they could rustle up a Mojito though...

Boo
Old May 16, 2006, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by number_6
You could try asking for a Kir Royale and see what you get (BA no longer stocks creme de cassis).
Since when? It always seems to be listed under champagne cocktails in Club World.
Old May 16, 2006, 4:41 pm

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
Originally Posted by Boo Boo Too
Would be good if they could rustle up a Mojito though...
Wouldn't it just!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was on holiday in the Caribbean earlier this year and ordered a Mojito - what I got was basically rum and 7 UP.

The barman insisted that was a Mojito - we debated for a while then involved the manager of the hotel - at which point the manager dispatched someone to the kitchens to get some fresh mint......................
Old May 16, 2006, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
You could try asking for "A Long Comfortable Screw Up Against The Wall" and see if they can do that? Then again with all the air rage incidents recently maybe not. They might prove game and suggest a Long Walk off a Short Pier instead!

Seriously not being much of a drinker myself I can't offer much in the way of practical advice but on my trip to Poland, Mojito was a very popular drink of my friends, in more than one bar we visited. Unsure if they could rustle that up in F. You could ask for a whiskey sour which I'm told is nice.
Old May 16, 2006, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by edi-traveller
I was on holiday in the Caribbean earlier this year and ordered a Mojito - what I got was basically rum and 7 UP.
I take it that you weren't in Cuba, then... think if he had tried to pass THAT off as a Mojito in Havana, it would have been punishable by death!

Reminds me of being delighted to find a bar that served Mojitos on a Royal Caribbean cruise ship last year... delighted until I tasted it, that was! Went from saying "you HAVE to try this drink!!!" to my husband, to profusely apologising "they are honestly SOOOO much better than this when done properly!!!".

Originally Posted by edi-traveller
The barman insisted that was a Mojito - we debated for a while then involved the manager of the hotel - at which point the manager dispatched someone to the kitchens to get some fresh mint......................
Fresh mint, ground up with fresh lime juice and fresh sugar caine. Add lots of ice, lots of rum and a splash of tonic water.... HEAVEN

7UP indeed!

Boo
Old May 16, 2006, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by number_6
I hear they use Ribena on LCC
Old May 17, 2006, 4:25 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Just about to get on a F flight to ATL and Mrs still whining that she can't get a Bellini anymore
Old May 17, 2006, 4:39 am

Programs: BA
Can you get Pimms & Lemonade as we approach the summer season?

Humm, 14 in F of us, 4 cabin crew of you, 35,000 feet up in the air... I make that Pimms-o-clock
Old May 17, 2006, 6:02 am

I quite like a QUICK .... from time to time... Or similar is Baileys on top of creme de menthe... Mmmm.

First person to say I'm a girl's blouse gets a serious pout in the face. OK!
Old May 17, 2006, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Pyeinthesky
I quite like a QUICK .... from time to time... Or similar is Baileys on top of creme de menthe... Mmmm.

First person to say I'm a girls blouse gets a serious pout in the face. OK!

this is a very girly thread though, you must admit
Old May 17, 2006, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by More Champagne Sir?
Can you get Pimms & Lemonade as we approach the summer season?

Humm, 14 in F of us, 4 cabin crew of you, 35,000 feet up in the air... I make that Pimms-o-clock
I was going to ask the exact same thing!!

I've asked the crew on my usual JER-LGW flights, but so far to no avail.

I also recently asked some EK crew, but got a very strange look back.
Old May 17, 2006, 6:27 am

Programs: BA Gold
How about a nice glass of the fetid water drained off a bunch of WT breakfasts, shaken (not stirred) with some Eau Grapefruit facial spray for that extra kick? This could be BA's rival to CX's Pacific Sunrise (which i've quite taken to making at home recently!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.