Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Suggested Drinks in F?

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2006, 6:30 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
Originally Posted by BA97
How about a nice glass of the fetid water drained off a bunch of WT breakfasts, shaken (not stirred) with some Eau Grapefruit facial spray for that extra kick?
EEEWwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Add in a couple of drops of eye drops and you have the ultimate cabin crew revenge drink......bring on the heaves and the trots......
Old May 17, 2006, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by BA97
How about a nice glass of the fetid water drained off a bunch of WT breakfasts, shaken (not stirred) with some Eau Grapefruit facial spray for that extra kick?
As long as it comes with an umbrella I'm in!
Old May 17, 2006, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Port always goes down well, and if Willi Optiz is still on the wine last it is a must try.

Mojitos are fine, but Caipirinha are king of the cocktail world.
Old May 17, 2006, 11:15 am

Hurrah, another opportunity to resurrect my "Bring back Grand Marnier in F campaign"
Old May 17, 2006, 11:31 am

Please don't call me racist

I'm quite partial to a White Russian too (except when it falls on my laptop inflicting damage to the casing and filling it with gloop, but that's another story...)

Last edited by Pyeinthesky; May 17, 2006 at 11:36 am
Old May 17, 2006, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by Pyeinthesky
I'm quite partial to a White Russian too (except when it falls on my laptop inflicting damage to the casing and filling it with gloop, but that's another story...)
P, I refer you to this here thread.
Old May 17, 2006, 11:54 am

Hhhmmm, Pimms.... that IS a good idea! And very British too... makes sense for British Airways to serve it...

Boo
Old May 17, 2006, 12:29 pm

Programs: Qantas
I'm in the process of comparing martinis in various oneworld business class cabins. Thus far, BA have failed miserably by presenting me with a (warm) class of vodka with a twist of lemon. Looking forward to QF and CX bettering that effort over the next couple of weeks.
Old May 17, 2006, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by Hugh
I'm in the process of comparing martinis in various oneworld business class cabins. Thus far, BA have failed miserably by presenting me with a (warm) class of vodka with a twist of lemon. Looking forward to QF and CX bettering that effort over the next couple of weeks.
Interesting. So when BOND/JAMESMR ordered a Vodka Martini from 4E (IIRC) in the last movie and it was delivered, could it ever - in theory - have been up to scratch? I don't plan on putting this to the test by asking for one myself, I think I'd look a bit of an arse (yes, yes...more than normal ).

OT (of course), but I read on kiddyplanes.net that Mr. Bond is using VS in the upcoming film not BA. Say it ain't so*...

Phil
* "No Mr. Bond, I expect we're ALL GOING TO DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIE" gag potential aside
Old May 17, 2006, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by G-BOAC

* "No Mr. Bond, I expect we're ALL GOING TO DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIE" gag potential aside
Very Funny I almost dropped my drink, (Coke Classic BTW none of that copycat branded stuff).
Old May 17, 2006, 12:46 pm

Programs: Mucci Reperateur des Coeurs Brises
Originally Posted by Boo Boo Too
I take it that you weren't in Cuba, then... think if he had tried to pass THAT off as a Mojito in Havana, it would have been punishable by death!
I was about to say...!! I never loved mixed drinks so much as in Cuba. And chewing on fresh sugar cane afterwards...

Back to BA... can they make Ice Tea in a Long glass from the Island? I suspect its effects in the air would be quite worse than already on the ground. At least you'd sleep well. (Maybe they should serve them in economy; everyone would be out cold, and BA could cut staff and rip out the entertainment system and gallies.)

But I also don't drink much when flying; maybe if there's a good SA wine.
Old May 17, 2006, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Because that joke was sensational it deserved size 4!
Old May 17, 2006, 1:32 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Concorde Room card, KLM Silver, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Silver
Fabulous!
Old May 17, 2006, 1:33 pm

Programs: Qantas
I don't plan on putting this to the test by asking for one myself, I think I'd look a bit of an arse (yes, yes...more than normal )[/SIZE]
Happy to run that risk in the interests of science. Besides, I am Australian, it is much more difficult for me to appear pretentious than it is for the English (which I mean in the nicest possible way).
Old May 21, 2006, 4:04 pm

Programs: DL Diamond MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond . www.chicagosemianrs.org
Mojitos et al

Originally Posted by Boo Boo Too
Are you feeling unwell or something?

Would be good if they could rustle up a Mojito though...
Delta is starting some special drinks on June 1. For sure domestic flights, but I assume International flights also. I tasted them at a DL function in ATL last week. The drink options are to rotate every 3 months.

There is the Mile High Mojito and the Mango Kiss. Both are made and shaken at your seat.

^

Last edited by ChrisMoss7; May 21, 2006 at 4:18 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.