Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA's Dubai club lounge

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2011, 9:13 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Blah Blah...
I think there is another tread somewhere regarding this. Essentially, the lounge is providing the same, but it has been given a make over in the style of Galleries. The parasoles have been removed.

I was there three months ago, its alright, standard BA single lounge (no First) outstation really.

Matt
Old Jul 26, 2011, 9:25 am

Anyone know if the lounge has shower facilities? Although given they appear to be struggling to excel above potato crisps on the food front, I think I know what the answer will be.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 9:40 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
Originally Posted by CatchThePigeon
Anyone know if the lounge has shower facilities? Although given they appear to be struggling to excel above potato crisps on the food front, I think I know what the answer will be.
I am 99.9% certian that they don't and this post also says the same.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 11:09 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by CatchThePigeon
There are a number of paid lounges (free if you Priority Pass or Diners Card etc.) that have showers and much better food than the BA lounge. There's one near Gate 9 that is never very busy, and I'd use that rather the BA or EK lounges.

Cheers,
Rick
Old Oct 31, 2011, 7:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, HHDiamond, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Improved catering since I last visited the DXB lounge. Hot soup (carrot & coriander) and sandwiches etc until 1am then staff brought out three food warmers, one had black beans and rice, another had samosas, spring rolls and savoury rice. I can't recall what the third option was.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 8:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gfl, GGL
I use DXB regularly on BA and the lounge isn't great.

Cramped and basic and gets very busy.

As a previous poster said, still a haven from the main terminal.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by Monkville
On a similar vein, would it be a good idea to post a lounge rating system on FT, in order to steer travellers towards or away from minimizing their airport experience?
Great idea for a sticky!
Old Jan 11, 2016, 2:20 am

Programs: AA EXP
Has this lounge been updated or is the situation still rough as mentioned in years past?
Old Jan 11, 2016, 2:24 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Hengilas
Has this lounge been updated or is the situation still rough as mentioned in years past?
Still the same at the moment. However, BA will be moving to Concourse D soon, and there is a brand new lounge.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 2:49 am

Programs: TK Gold, FB Silver, A3 Silver, BA Bronze
The date for Concourse D to open to the public is late February 2016, though past targets for opening have been missed.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 2:56 am

Programs: AA EXP
So June?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.