Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

I declare the JFK Molton Brown Spa is Open!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I declare the JFK Molton Brown Spa is Open!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2005, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Post I declare the JFK Molton Brown Spa is Open!

Someone said it's opening was imminent...

'Dear Mr Davidson

As a regular traveller to the US East Coast in British Airways FIRST and Club World we would like to inform you that the Molton Brown Travel Spa at New Yorks JFK airport is now open.

The spa, located inside the Terraces Lounge at JFK, offers a wide range of complimentary treatments for FIRST, Club World and Executive Club Gold members.*

Open daily from 1600 through to 2200, the Molton Brown Travel Spa features three European shower rooms and four treatment rooms. Each one of the various, 20 minute treatment sessions has been designed with the British Airways traveller in mind.

You can experience a treatment before your overnight Club World Sleeper Service**, then enjoy your Pre-flight Dining in The Supper Room before settling into your softer Club World bed for an even better nights sleep.

All our treatments have been specially chosen to enhance your wellbeing before you fly, as well as revitalise your mind and body when you land, leaving you refreshed and ready for action.

For more information on Molton Brown Travel Spas, click here

I hope you enjoy the soothing surrounding of the Molton Brown Travel Spa on your next visit to New York'
Old Jul 8, 2005, 11:20 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
So I guess from the thread title, you fulfilled your long-hidden desire to behave like a Queen.
Old Jul 8, 2005, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by AJLondon
So I guess from the thread title, you fulfilled your long-hidden desire to behave like a Queen.
I just want to open supermarkets and envelopes
Old Jul 8, 2005, 1:19 pm

Programs: BA GfL, Marriott PlatfL/Ambassador, TP Gold, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by fbgdavidson
Someone said it's opening was imminent...

the Molton Brown Travel Spa features three European shower rooms
Could someone, please, tell me what the diference is between an European shower room and a shower room from other continents?
Old Jul 9, 2005, 2:36 am

Programs: 2014 : BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum for Life , LH/LX Senator, Emirates Gold, Etihad Gold, CX Plat
I've try to use it on sunday. 1h30 waitinglist.....
Old Jul 9, 2005, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by mario
Could someone, please, tell me what the diference is between an European shower room and a shower room from other continents?
AJLondon should be your man here, having as he does an intimate knowledge of the very European shower rooms LH offer, if my memory for past threads serves me correctly...?

Phil
Old Jul 9, 2005, 4:36 am

Programs: Mucci Reperateur des Coeurs Brises
Originally Posted by mario
Maybe because they have bidets?

Those odd, porcelain bowls that look like a toilet of sorts, but lack a sufficiently powerful flush to provide for a properly clean bowl for the next user. It's also far too low for comfort, and so big one might fall in. Not very pleasant.

Also, the thing American tourists stare at with a mixture of genuine curiousity and then utter disgust when learning it's true purpose.
Old Jul 9, 2005, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by GBOAC
AJLondon should be your man here, having as he does an intimate knowledge of the very European shower rooms LH offer, if my memory for past threads serves me correctly...?
I knew you were going to say that! Actually my expertise is the spacious FRA-HON terminal baths and not the shower rooms! And IIRC, virtualtroy has some experience with those too.

And while we're at it, Aerotec can give you the lowdown of the HKG cabanas in the Wing. The BA board does get around, you know!
Old Jul 9, 2005, 12:51 pm

Programs: LH SEN, Hilton Diamond, AF/KL & BA basic memberships, Tufty Club Exec Plutonium
Originally Posted by AJLondon
Is that Queen or queen?
Old Jul 9, 2005, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by iainbhx
Is that Queen or queen?
How well do you know Fraser?
Old Jul 9, 2005, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by Belgian in Paris
I've try to use it on sunday. 1h30 waitinglist.....
It will always be booked up. So unless you get there at 16.00, you'll have Buckleys of getting a treatment, if LHR is anything to go by.
Old Jul 9, 2005, 3:53 pm

Programs: Ex-BA Silver; Ex-UA Premier
Watch out for the Japanese Giant!

Japanese giant to buy Molton Brown in 170m deal
Old Jul 15, 2005, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Are CX pax traveling in F allowed to book treatments (similar to how QF pax are entitled to in LHR)?

Thanks,
FlyerBeek
Old Jul 15, 2005, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by SchmeckFlyer
Maybe because they have bidets?
Certainly no bidets at the start of last month when the showers were there but it wasn't the MB spa...

Very spacious rooms though with a sink, lav, shower cubicle, a bench to put your bag on and hooks for your jacket.

perhaps the euro reference comes from the fact it's a sensible size, not the 600sq ft some of us may be expecting
Old Jul 19, 2005, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA5MM
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Are CX pax traveling in F allowed to book treatments (similar to how QF pax are entitled to in LHR)?

Thanks,
FlyerBeek
CX F/J pax and QF F/J pax are NOT allowed to use the lounge. Was flying CX F on Friday and was told in no uncertain terms that the spa was reserved solely for BA F/J pax.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.