Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Exec Club Membership

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2005, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR), *A Gold - TAP, SkyTeam E+, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Diamond, Sixt PL, GE/TSA Pre
BA Exec Club Membership

It looks as if BA has tightened up their membership registration page with a new and improved system which checks to see if you are booked or have flown in the last 3 months to accept you for Membership. Previously you could just type in a flight in the future and it would automatically let you through to sign up for membership.

The reason I ask this is because one of my colleagues wants to enrol in the SPG Gold card promo which finishes on Monday and needs to get a BA Exec Membership in order to do it. So the only way round it will have to be for him to purchase a qualifying ticket, which he is willing to do. So... what is the cheapest 'H' class ticket available for purchase any route/ anywhere??? (or if anyone knows an easier way round this?)

Many thanks
Old Feb 26, 2005, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Get him a BA Amex
Old Feb 26, 2005, 1:05 pm

Buy a Y class ticket, sign-up, cancel the ticket.
Old Feb 26, 2005, 1:17 pm

Location: SCL, MCT, LGW and a variety of 1W lounges in between.
Programs: BA Mucci (Seigneur et Ingenieur des Appareils Volants (Gold)), QF (WP and LTG), AA EXP, GF Gold
Cheapie

I think that Barra-Benbecula is the cheapest that you will find. J class single 30.80

Happy landings.

Oh for the days of Westray to Papa Westray at £9 single and 15 tier points for two minutes of fun.

Last edited by spotwelder; Feb 26, 2005 at 1:24 pm
Old Feb 27, 2005, 3:33 am

Programs: BD, BA, VS
Originally Posted by BAW845_Matt
Buy a Y class ticket, sign-up, cancel the ticket.
You don't even need to buy. Just "hold" a reservation on travelocity for 24 hours. It will show up on BA's MMB and so you can then use the flight number to join the EC.
Old Feb 28, 2005, 6:45 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by MarkUK
You don't even need to buy. Just "hold" a reservation on travelocity for 24 hours. It will show up on BA's MMB and so you can then use the flight number to join the EC.
This works well. Make sure you use travelocity.co.uk and the Hold button after you select your flight.

Last edited by kursbi; Feb 28, 2005 at 7:32 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.