Wiki Posts
Search

Triple Miles with Travelex is back

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2005, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways, Cathay Pacific
Triple Miles with Travelex is back

Header says it all, go to BA Travel Money Offer ends 24th March 2004. T&Cs exclude Sterling TCs, but website is dishing out triple BA Miles for Sterling TCs.......

Last edited by flyermanES; Jan 10, 2005 at 1:04 am
Old Jan 9, 2005, 6:26 pm

Please excuse my confusion: are you saying that there are no triple miles currently?
Originally Posted by flyermanES
Header says it all, but BA Travel Money doesn't seem to be set up yet for the triple miles. Offer ends 24th March 2004. T&Cs exclude Sterling TCs, but website is dishing out BA Miles at the normal rate at the moment for Sterling TCs as with Foreign transactions, so it's wait and see!
Old Jan 10, 2005, 12:17 am

Programs: BA/BMI/RZGP Gold, AA/Amex Plat, IC Plat RA, HH Diamond, VS Silver
I wasn't around when the travelex deals were on before - with this can we "buy", say 1000 Sterling, get 3000 miles, then convert it back next week?
Old Jan 10, 2005, 1:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by schofs
I wasn't around when the travelex deals were on before - with this can we "buy", say 1000 Sterling, get 3000 miles, then convert it back next week?
Yes, this is what people did last year (when I was in lurking mode.) Buy Sterling TCs from Travelex and pay them back into your bank account.

You might want to update your BA Miles Calculator

Last edited by flyermanES; Jan 10, 2005 at 1:05 am
Old Jan 10, 2005, 1:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by best
Please excuse my confusion: are you saying that there are no triple miles currently?
There are now, but when I typed my post it wasn't giving out triple miles, so please ignore my confusing post which has now been edited!
Old Jan 10, 2005, 1:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by flyermanES
T&Cs exclude Sterling TCs, but website is dishing out triple BA Miles for Sterling TCs.......
The T&C that I found say:-
You will be awarded triple BA Miles on foreign exchange transactions (purchase or sale of non Sterling currency notes or travellers cheques and Sterling travellers cheques) upon production of your British Airways Executive Club Card at a Travelex UK location or when you conduct a foreign exchange transaction on-line or by telephone with Travelex and you provide your British Airways Executive Club Card details.
Off we go again! (I think this time around, my partner may be more forgiving - and she's not called Jenny.)
Old Jan 10, 2005, 2:00 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Oh please no !!! I have only just managed to get round to paying into my bank the final lot of TCs bought last year.

I must have bought at least 100k over the year on a variety of full / half / no commission - single / double / triple miles offers. My head is still spinning from trying to keep up with the purchases, sales, miles claims and all the rest.

I cannot manage this and a full time job .....
Old Jan 10, 2005, 2:25 am

Hi all
Missed the last Travelex Promo and have couple of questions.
Will Visa Delta Debit Cards incur charges for buying these.
Is the Sterling Commision set at a charge or %?
Cheers
Old Jan 10, 2005, 2:26 am

Make sure you keep Receipts of Transactions , in case you ever fall under the spot light of the I. R . That would have a field day with this one.
Old Jan 10, 2005, 2:27 am

Programs: PC Amb., BA Blue
Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
Oh please no !!! I have only just managed to get round to paying into my bank the final lot of TCs bought last year.

I must have bought at least 100k over the year on a variety of full / half / no commission - single / double / triple miles offers. My head is still spinning from trying to keep up with the purchases, sales, miles claims and all the rest.

I cannot manage this and a full time job .....
What did your cost per mile work out to in the end?

I missed it last time round (joined FT in the middle of it & too confusing) - from what I can see & guess from the website I would need to withdraw 2500 from my bank cash (to avoid bank chgs), then pop over to heathrow to collect 2,500 Stg in TC's to claim 7,500 miles (at a 37.50 trans. cost w/travelex) - then I would bank them at my bank, free of charge? Is that it in essence?

Last edited by tristan727; Jan 10, 2005 at 2:32 am
Old Jan 10, 2005, 2:31 am

Programs: BA Blue. 19695 Lifetime TPs
Can someone please remind us how many miles we can make on the single largest transaction (is it 1000 sterling TCS)?
Old Jan 10, 2005, 2:33 am

Programs: PC Amb., BA Blue
Originally Posted by fraisse10
Can someone please remind us how many miles we can make on the single largest transaction (is it 1000 sterling TCS)?
2,500 - type in a million & it will tell you this.
Old Jan 10, 2005, 2:44 am

Programs: BA Blue. 19695 Lifetime TPs
Originally Posted by tristan727
2,500 - type in a million & it will tell you this.
So what is the optimum spend for maximising miles?
Old Jan 10, 2005, 2:49 am

Am I the only one who can access the website then? 90% of the questions asked above can be answered with a quick click.

The 'optimum' earning rate (3 pts / ) applies for transactions valued at 225 - 2500.

Are any branches offering 2 flat rate comission?
Old Jan 10, 2005, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by MrBo
Hi all
Missed the last Travelex Promo and have couple of questions.
Will Visa Delta Debit Cards incur charges for buying these.
Is the Sterling Commision set at a charge or %?
Cheers
Only asking the questions becuase I read through the entire thread from last year and there didn't seem to be a definitive answer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.