Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Triple Miles with Travelex is back

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2005, 6:22 am

Programs: BA/BMI/RZGP Gold, AA/Amex Plat, IC Plat RA, HH Diamond, VS Silver
What about when I pay the TC's into my bank account - is there a handling charge usually?
Old Jan 10, 2005, 6:23 am

Programs: BA Gold
How will one have no luck at LHR? Can they run out of Travelers cheques?

Surely not if you book?
Old Jan 10, 2005, 6:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold, PC Ambassador, SPG Gold
Thanks fbgdavidson, hadn't fully considered the logistics of the operation

What is the maximum denomination of Sterling T/C's? Is it GBp 50, same as bank notes, or do they come in GBP 100 (or higher) versions?
Old Jan 10, 2005, 6:25 am

Programs: CX Gold, SPG Plat, PC Plat, TAP Gold
Have Travelex upped their limit of BA Miles per transaction? Last time I believed they would only pay 1000 miles (3000 during triple promo) on any transaction above 1000.
Old Jan 10, 2005, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by oyster
Have Travelex upped their limit of BA Miles per transaction? Last time I believed they would only pay 1000 miles (3000 during triple promo) on any transaction above 1000.
When you stick 2,500 GBP in online, it come back saying you'll earn 7,500 miles, so hence my question about upper limit for a physical visit. I assume there is no upper limit to the miles earning (certainly not one given in the T&C's).
Old Jan 10, 2005, 6:28 am

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks fbgdavidson, once all questions have been answered will plan my assault on it.

Thank you eBay for my AMEX Voucher!
Old Jan 10, 2005, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by PhilH
When you stick 2,500 GBP in online, it come back saying you'll earn 7,500 miles, so hence my question about upper limit for a physical visit. I assume there is no upper limit to the miles earning (certainly not one given in the T&C's).
So I could transfer 100K into my current account and buy that amount in GBP TCs every week (allowing 4/5 days for cheques to clear my account) until March 24th? Approx 3 million BA Miles earnt...!!
Old Jan 10, 2005, 6:41 am

Programs: PC Amb., BA Blue
Oh dear, I can see shades of Biscuit Boy & Tesco disappearance here, if people go after 100,000's of miles - any chance of self-regulation here, ie 10,000 max per person?!

I just got this email back - any chance this means that if you use your switch/delta card (incurring them fees) you won't get the miles, or at least will have to fight for them?

Dear Tristan727

I refer to your email and can confirm that triple miles can be claimed if
you purchase in cash at one of our branches. You will need to hand over your
ba exec card at time of purchase.

Yours Sincerely
Alan C McDermott
Customer Service Manager

Last edited by tristan727; Jan 10, 2005 at 6:45 am
Old Jan 10, 2005, 6:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
So I could transfer 100K into my current account and buy that amount in GBP TCs every week (allowing 4/5 days for cheques to clear my account) until March 24th? Approx 3 million BA Miles earnt...!!
Looks like it - if you can afford 1500 every week in commission charges, and if you can find enough TC's in travelex, and want to risk the RSI of signing them all, and then countersigning them when you return them to your account. Think doing 100000 may take quite a while - even if they do do 100 TCs, thats only 1000 to sign and then countersign each week. It should only take you a few hours.
Old Jan 10, 2005, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by tristan727
Oh dear, I can see shades of Biscuit Boy & Tesco disappearance here, if people go after 100,000's of miles - any chance of self-regulation here, ie 10,000 max per person?!

I agree with you Tristan , but it will never happen. I think it will be every man / woman for himself. I did not think that they would run this offer again. I was wrong.

Perhaps we will see more Tesco offers after all.
Old Jan 10, 2005, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by tristan727
It was about this time last year that many FT'ers really did think the white coated brigade were just around the corner. When many on here saw the Travelex desk clerks as often as their own family!
Old Jan 10, 2005, 6:55 am

Programs: PC Amb., BA Blue
O well, I give in - it is 2 at LGW by the way, I just called. No doubt they will now be bombarded with millions of TC's required! Hopefully they just want more sales in advance of any take-over, & happy to dole the miles out in exchange?

If I can get 7,500 miles for 2, then the rest of the time it's 2,500 for 2 - so how come the last travelex thread died out ages ago - as would seem the best bargain around?

Last edited by tristan727; Jan 10, 2005 at 7:26 am
Old Jan 10, 2005, 7:14 am

Programs: BA/BMI/RZGP Gold, AA/Amex Plat, IC Plat RA, HH Diamond, VS Silver
Oh one more thing... is this completely legal? For example if they get used to seeing me each week and ask why I'm doing it, will I get a free ride home in a white car with pretty blue lights?
Old Jan 10, 2005, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by schofs
Oh one more thing... is this completely legal? For example if they get used to seeing me each week and ask why I'm doing it, will I get a free ride home in a white car with pretty blue lights?
This is completely 100% legal. You will (should) be asked questions by your bank if you do this regularly (it should be part of their anti-money laundering procedures). If they do ask you, just tell them exactly what you're doing and why.
Old Jan 10, 2005, 7:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, IC Royal Ambassador, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Tesco Blue
Just bought 2,500 from the Russell Sq. branch - and the receipt says i'll earn 2500 miles - I'm assuming that the triple miles will post in one big sweep at the end of the promotion as per the double miles promo last year.

All was a bit laborious as my bank needed an extra security check - the Travelex gang didn't know how to deal with this (basically call a number for authorisation!) but I persevered and eventually they found someone who knew what they were doing.

And in case anyone else needs to know, the branch at the Trocadero doesn't stock Sterling TCs - they recommended either Selfridges or the two in/near Russell Sq.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.