Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EC Membership extension question

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2004, 7:53 am
Original Poster

EC Membership extension question

My wife and I have expiry dates of the beginning of 2005 for each of our EC memberships. Based on FTer advice from an earlier post I had, our plan was to each get a hotel stay and get BA miles credited from those stays to extend our respective memberships 36 months and, most important, not to lose the BA miles we have in our accounts. My wife recently stayed at an IC hotel and her miles from that stay have appeared on her BA account but the EC membership expiry date still shows early 2005. Shouldn't that expiry date have been extended to 36 months from her stay? Or are we misinterpreting the EC rules? I also have an upcoming hotel stay that will earn BA miles but now I'm not sure this will be enough to ensure that I do not lose my BA miles from my account when the early 2005 expiry date arrives. What do we need to do to keep our BA miles available for future use? Thank you.
Old Nov 28, 2004, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by upgrader
My wife and I have expiry dates of the beginning of 2005 for each of our EC memberships. Based on FTer advice from an earlier post I had, our plan was to each get a hotel stay and get BA miles credited from those stays to extend our respective memberships 36 months and, most important, not to lose the BA miles we have in our accounts. My wife recently stayed at an IC hotel and her miles from that stay have appeared on her BA account but the EC membership expiry date still shows early 2005. Shouldn't that expiry date have been extended to 36 months from her stay? Or are we misinterpreting the EC rules? I also have an upcoming hotel stay that will earn BA miles but now I'm not sure this will be enough to ensure that I do not lose my BA miles from my account when the early 2005 expiry date arrives. What do we need to do to keep our BA miles available for future use? Thank you.
As long as an item appeared on your statement, you'll be fine. The membership year is for earning tier points. When the 8th of January comes along, your membership year, along with any tier points you may have earned, gets reset, and you'll have another year in which to earn 600tp's to get to silver. Although there doesn't sound much chance of you doing that!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.