Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BAEC Card Design

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2004, 5:32 am

Programs: Mucci Reperateur des Coeurs Brises
Originally Posted by latitude
I also just noticed that the silver and gold cards show an expiry date whilst the blue doesn't.

My card doesn't have an expiry date, and like fbgdavidson my name is in capitals as well.
Only the Gold and Silver cards have expiry dates, whereas the new Blue cards are valid for time eternal. Since one must requalify every year to maintain status, the Gold/Silver cards will expire (lest all the lower classes and riff raff contaminate the First lounges with their non-statusness).

Even old Blue cards with expiry dates printed technically do not have expiry dates.

My name is all capitals as well.
Old Oct 14, 2004, 5:49 am
dnw

Originally Posted by SchmeckFlyer
(lest all the lower classes and riff raff contaminate the First lounges with their non-statusness)
Not sure which is worse, that or all the Gold card holders packing out all the lounges except T4 with their non-F-ticketedness
Old Oct 14, 2004, 7:53 am

Location: SCL, MCT, LGW and a variety of 1W lounges in between.
Programs: BA Mucci (Seigneur et Ingenieur des Appareils Volants (Gold)), QF (WP and LTG), AA EXP, GF Gold
Worse?

Now I get it, BA gold is actually QF bronze!

The status/tier levels are now:
H2GT2G blue with white spaceship on re-entry
HMS Belfast racing grey
QF bronze
So close to the weather radar upgrade black for the "important Friends of Sir Colin etc club".

There is only one thing worse than lower class people in the lounge and that is us Upper Middle class QF members denied entry on premium tickets by the lounge dragons as we don't have our cards with us. Being rejected even though the cabin of travel entitles is a bit rich...

No, I am English Upper Middle class stuck out in the far outposts of the colonies trying to ensure that the natives are still subdued and that the High Commissioner is not facing a revolution by bottom pinching anachists.
Old Oct 14, 2004, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by dnw
Not sure which is worse, that or all the Gold card holders packing out all the lounges except T4 with their non-F-ticketedness
tisk tisk

BA should just build lounges sufficiently large to accomodate our inflated egos, completed T5 or not. (BTW, since we are on the topic of designs associated with BA, does anyone have any inside knowledge or ideas of how the new T5 lounges will look like/be like?)

Last edited by SchmeckFlyer; Oct 14, 2004 at 9:58 am
Old Oct 14, 2004, 10:54 am
Suspended

World's Largest Building

BA should just build lounges sufficiently large to accomodate our inflated egos, completed T5 or not.
Would this be big enough?
http://www.boeing.com/companyoffices...s/photo02.html
Old Oct 14, 2004, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by apudme
Yes... but somewhat drafty...
Old Oct 14, 2004, 12:05 pm
Suspended

Yes... but somewhat drafty...
I am sure there are plenty of us here on this Board who could provide plenty of hot air!
Old Jan 24, 2005, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Scoop!

Hold the front page folks!

BA Premier card pic

Last edited by fbgdavidson; Jan 24, 2005 at 4:42 pm
Old Jan 24, 2005, 4:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Good catch, Fraser - were you chasing this innocent Premier card down the street with some sort of long-lens, night vision-equipped camera, paparazzi style?
Old Jan 25, 2005, 4:31 am

Programs: BA GGL, Concorde Room card, KLM Silver, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Silver
It's a bit dark....

Surely having the oneworld symbol and the oval designator below (i.e:ruby/sapphire/emerald) is a bit condescending?

What colour would a Premier card be in the oneworld alliance - Emerald?

Surely none of it applies - or maybe Fraser is right with the photo, above Emerald is 'Onyx' - well, it's closer to grey than anyother stone I can think of....
Old Jan 25, 2005, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Emerald is as high as you can get in the OW system.

Appanretly it is a bit of a ******* to photograph or scan as it is matt grey and quite resistant to any attempt.....alas no photoshopping your own cards off this one folks!
Old Jan 25, 2005, 6:59 am

Programs: BA GGL, Concorde Room card, KLM Silver, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Silver
Originally Posted by fbgdavidson
Emerald is as high as you can get in the OW system.
I quite like the name 'Onyx' as a status level, then again 'Diamond' would probably go quite well with the Black of the Premier card....
Old Jan 25, 2005, 8:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold, PC Ambassador, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by flyclub
I quite like the name 'Onyx' as a status level, then again 'Diamond' would probably go quite well with the Black of the Premier card....

I think Diamond has too many chav connotations, if you know what I mean.
Old Jan 25, 2005, 8:22 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by fbgdavidson
Hold the front page folks!

BA Premier card pic

I want one

I prefere the old styles to the new.... apart from the new Prem

If anyone get's any better pics of old or new prem card let us know ^
Old Jan 25, 2005, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by PhilH
I think Diamond has too many chav connotations, if you know what I mean.
Don't you mean Diamonte?

OK, all agreed on Onyx?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.