Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Superb, Yet Mysterious BA Customer Service...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2004, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: The usual for over 7 Million paid miles flown to date... My first paid flight was on a DC3.

I'm sitting on the patio of my recently burgled Sydney apartment, with a glass of 1999 Trevor Jones Wild Witch Shiraz in my hand, musing about how it must have been an inside job, since the security of this place should be too much for the average thief! Oh well, missing a few worldly things doesn't mean a ****ed thing with this magnificent view of the Harbour below and a decent wine in hand. The phone rings and on the line is a fellow with a decidedly Bengali accent from BA Customer Service, who advises me that the connect on my BA trip with family later in March LAX - LHR - FCO will take place entirely in Terminal 1 at LHR, since LAX flights will be moving from T4 to arriving/departing T1. He is very pleasant and on behalf of BA, thanks me for my business. Here's the mystery...

Is BA's Customer Center Call Center located in India for worldwide contacts? Secondly, how did BA know that I was in Sydney, and not at my residence in So. California? I forgot to ask the agent. I know that a couple times I have made reservations from here, but all my EC info in the system has my permanent US address! Any sleuths that can resolve these mysteries? Thanks.
Old Feb 28, 2004, 6:00 pm

Programs: Mucci Gold Class
I reckon that rather than face all the angry pax who don't know about the terminal changes, they're paying some call centre in India 1c per call to let everyone know.

As for how they know you're there, definitely an inside job.
Old Feb 29, 2004, 2:20 am

I also had a mysterious call from BA in my office - I never gave them my office number! So do they know? All my reservations are always on private money, private addresses and I never mentioned the company I work for.

Somehow they must work with an intelligence agency...

Old Feb 29, 2004, 2:39 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Hammer:
I also had a mysterious call from BA in my office - I never gave them my office number! So do they know? All my reservations are always on private money, private addresses and I never mentioned the company I work for.

Somehow they must work with an intelligence agency...

</font>
We can be sure that the intelligence is not an inside job ...

Old Feb 29, 2004, 9:05 am

My terminal change call came from the call centre in Glasgow (confirmed both by the Weegie accent ( ), and the 0141 number on my office phone display...).

Despite being an MFU ticket, he was very keen to thank me for my continued business with BA, and hoped that the terminal change wouldn't inconvenience me too much!
Old Feb 29, 2004, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: The usual for over 7 Million paid miles flown to date... My first paid flight was on a DC3.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by prspad:
how did BA know that I was in Sydney, and not at my residence in So. California? </font>
This mystery resolved... My manager took the call for me in my US residence office and coughed up where I could be contacted... Yes, I properly chastised the manager for disclosure of my comings and goings to a phone voice!
Old Feb 29, 2004, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
I had a similar case last summer, I post sometimes on the Cocnorde SST messageboard and while at Henley Regatta I got a call (but was in Stewards Enclosure so couldn't answer it) and so I checked the answerphone on the way home and it was a journalist saying she was interested in interviewing people who had flown on Concorde (the once in a lifetime people like me) and could I call them. I thought nothing of it until I realised I hadn't even posted my name, phone number, address or anything on there. I do use this handle and was pointed out by another FTer that using my handle I could find a lot about me!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.