Heathrow lounge observations

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2004, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Heathrow lounge observations

Arrivals Lounge at T4:

Seems that there's no hot food after a certain hour. Certainly not after 1330 (was hoping for a hot breakfast after getting a crummy cold continental one in CW after a 9 hr flight from YVR - NW's WBC had better breakfast for a flight 1,000 miles shorter).

Spa closes at 1400 though last appointment is at 1320. If you don't get in by then, you are SOL.

Lounge food At T1 lounge and T4 lounges

Looks like morning food is only cereal, fruit yoghurt and the all-day packaged snacks? Last year, I swore there were sandwiches and cheese from sometime midmorning into the late afternoon. Now, all you get (at least in the lounge where the spa is at T4) is just the packaged cookies and nuts/crisps.

Magazines in Lounges

Looks like BA is sick of pilferage so there's nothing except the 2 inflight magazines on board? Lots of weekend papers though, presumably from papers trying to boost circulation numbers?
Old Feb 23, 2004, 2:45 pm

Programs: BA GfL
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by terenz:
Lounge food at T1 lounge and T4 lounges

Looks like morning food is only cereal, fruit yoghurt and the all-day packaged snacks? Last year, I swore there were sandwiches and cheese from sometime midmorning into the late afternoon. Now, all you get (at least in the lounge where the spa is at T4) is just the packaged cookies and nuts/crisps.
</font>
There should be sandwiches and fruit in the Terraces lounges in the afternoons--sometimes they just run out if it's really crowded. If you can weasel your way into the First lounge, hot food is served all day--use the menus and order table service--and the breakfast options are vastly better than in Terraces. This is one of many reasons why it is so important to me to retain my Gold EC membership!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.