Old Feb 4, 2004, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Wot, no beds?
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/445847/M/
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/343478/M/
Old Feb 4, 2004, 4:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold, PC Ambassador, SPG Gold

How many tier points and miles do you get for travelling in that class ;-)

PhilH
Old Feb 4, 2004, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Nice pic of the Falcon and the Maybach...could only be at St. Moritz really!

For anything more than a couple of hours I'd actually prefer the size of a 747 in F. Not a great fan of being cramped up.

A friend from school had a 737 that he and his brother and sister used for their European jaunts although they used BA F to fly back to BKK. In summer of 2002 the guy in my year actually bought out the F cabin to take a select group of friends home to Thailand. Pity I didnt get to know him better!
Old Feb 4, 2004, 6:52 am
dnw

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fbgdavidson:
A friend from school had a 737 that he and his brother and sister used for their European jaunts</font>
Just a regular 737? Couldn't they afford a BBJ? how plebian
Old Feb 4, 2004, 7:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold, PC Ambassador, SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fbgdavidson:
A friend from school had a 737 that he and his brother and sister used for their European jaunts although they used BA F to fly back to BKK. </font>
Did the name of your school begin with "E"?

PhilH
Old Feb 4, 2004, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PhilH:
Did the name of your school begin with "E"?

PhilH
</font>
no, it wasn't Eton or Eastleigh Comprehensive

edited to say:
I don't know if it was a BBJ or not, though bear in mind the guy in my year and his 21yr old bro splashed out not far off £20m on cars in 4yrs

[This message has been edited by fbgdavidson (edited Feb 04, 2004).]
Old Feb 4, 2004, 8:01 am

Location: I have embarrasingly little status but my wife thinks I am great
Millfield would be my guess
Old Feb 4, 2004, 8:33 am

Programs: Mucci Gold Class
God please don't let it be Harrow

Incidentally, you can get Falcon's kitted out with a bedroom and shower room, making it nifty for long hauls. You don't get tier points but if you book them on your Amex card, you do get MR points and Amex will lay on a free limo.

I have long maintained that one day I'll get my own Falcon and bugger off from these boards for good .
Old Feb 4, 2004, 8:45 am
dnw

You think thats impressive, the last year I was at Oxford a kids Dad flew him in and out personally in his private A340 for an interview at the college next door

No points for guessing who that was!

[This message has been edited by dnw (edited Feb 04, 2004).]
Old Feb 4, 2004, 9:43 am

Programs: LH SEN, AA AAirpass, IC Ambassador Platinum, *wood Gold
Photo was taken at the airstrip in Samedan (SMV).

The Maybach is part of the Mercedes AMG display at the polo matches.
Old Feb 4, 2004, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dnw:
You think thats impressive, the last year I was at Oxford a kids Dad flew him in and out personally in his private A340 for an interview at the college next door

No points for guessing who that was!
</font>
The SoB, now his son was at Millfield as a friend of the family was a teacher there and told us all the stories of the SoB and his dealings.

The son went to see the housemaster to ask if he could take a few friends out of school for the weekend to see the Polo. The housemaster presumed it was fine and was hoping he might get a couple of tickets to join the SoB's son and his group for the polo at Windsor. A few days after the SoBs sons helicopter landed on the cricket pitch and took them to LHR where the 747 had been flown in to take them to Brunei for the weekend to watch the polo. They were back first thing Monday morning for class

it's a hard life

Give me a Falcon anyday for intra Europe travel but I am happy as larry in F and if I had enough cash to have my own 747 imagine the cost to refuel, keep it maintained and parking. I'd rather fly BA/CX/SQ F the whole time and give the difference to charity!
Old Feb 4, 2004, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Kovich, no it wasn't Millfield
whmere, no it wasn't Harrow
Old Feb 5, 2004, 4:46 pm

Yeah, I was lucky enough to get in one of those Maybachs once...They're great!! (Surprise) They kill the Mercedes S and even the CL
Old Feb 5, 2004, 6:36 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by aa4ever:
Yeah, I was lucky enough to get in one of those Maybachs once...They're great!! (Surprise) They kill the Mercedes S and even the CL</font>
Maybe you should try a real car, like a Bentley GT. Same manufacturer as the Maybach -- and both are really Beetles as they have some shared components -- but much better execution. Quite impressive, albeit a 3 year waiting list (unless you have a lot of pull). Mine is scheduled for 2006 (I don't have any pull).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.