FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Forget FIRST, this is the way to travel
View Single Post
Old Feb 4, 2004, 10:56 am
Fraser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dnw:
You think thats impressive, the last year I was at Oxford a kids Dad flew him in and out personally in his private A340 for an interview at the college next door

No points for guessing who that was!
</font>
The SoB, now his son was at Millfield as a friend of the family was a teacher there and told us all the stories of the SoB and his dealings.

The son went to see the housemaster to ask if he could take a few friends out of school for the weekend to see the Polo. The housemaster presumed it was fine and was hoping he might get a couple of tickets to join the SoB's son and his group for the polo at Windsor. A few days after the SoBs sons helicopter landed on the cricket pitch and took them to LHR where the 747 had been flown in to take them to Brunei for the weekend to watch the polo. They were back first thing Monday morning for class

it's a hard life

Give me a Falcon anyday for intra Europe travel but I am happy as larry in F and if I had enough cash to have my own 747 imagine the cost to refuel, keep it maintained and parking. I'd rather fly BA/CX/SQ F the whole time and give the difference to charity!