Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Arriving in LHR by Concorde from JFK

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2018, 11:52 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Used one of my first few BA Amex 2-4-1 to go to JFK on Concorde and return from YYZ in J.in September 2002. It was a dream come true and was no disappointment.

I think 100,000 Airmiles IIRC were required for BA1 but only £45 tax for both flights.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 2:37 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
Did the flyertalk magazine subscription trick but unfortunately never got to use the points for Concorde before 9/11 and the subsequent termination of service. One of my greatest regrets, loved this bird ever since I saw one fly over my house as a child when it visited YMX (which was built for the fleet of AC Concorde that never happened)
What was that? Before my time on here unfortunately.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
... I think 100,000 Airmiles IIRC were required for BA1 ...
One of my 2-4-1 redemptions picked up a delay of one hour on JFK-LHR - wait for specific runway at JFK and catering demonstration shenanigans led to arriving at LHR Departures.

I really didn't mind too much, and the 100,000 compo Air Miles (BA Miles?) came in very handy. (That was for me as Gold. Mrs Roger got 10,000 as Blue, but still welcome.)
Old Jan 5, 2018, 5:59 am

Programs: BA Gold
I literally read the first post 4 times in a very confused manner before I noticed the date.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 8:24 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
What was that? Before my time on here unfortunately.
Long time ago and details are fuzzy but you could but multiple Inside Flyer mag subscriptions for $50 and get 2500 SPG points. You could then dump them in Qantas with SPG bonus, 100k around for first class flight which included Concorde. Cost around 2k for a 12k+ Concorde ticket.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/1576207-post1.html

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz/6535-inside-flyer-starwood-offer.html
Old Jan 5, 2018, 7:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by BillyBleach
I literally read the first post 4 times in a very confused manner before I noticed the date.
a 14 year old and more experience never surpassed... our household used it over 50 times and it's still missed.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 1:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, AirAstana Silver (much use as chocolate teapot)
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
Used one of my first few BA Amex 2-4-1 to go to JFK on Concorde and return from YYZ in J.in September 2002. It was a dream come true and was no disappointment.

I think 100,000 Airmiles IIRC were required for BA1 but only £45 tax for both flights.
I did the same! 1st AMEX 2-4-1....same month... New York for the weekend, there & back on Concorde

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.