Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Access to First and Concorde Lounge in LHR when arriving on BA in First (A-Class)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Access to First and Concorde Lounge in LHR when arriving on BA in First (A-Class)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2003, 9:07 am
Original Poster

After finding out, that there is only a small chance that I can visit the BA First- and Concorde Lounge when flying with AA in First. What about Lounge Access when arriving with BA in First (A-Class) in Terminal 4??? Will this be my "ticket" to these lounges?
Old Sep 24, 2003, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can enter the BA Arrivals lounge on your F ticket. If you don't have an onward connection out of T4 then those lounges will once more be out of bounds...

The arrivals lounge is very nice, though much smaller than the first lounge.

May I ask what your interest is in the lounge? It's really nothing that special and not worth the hassle. It's a snobbish pub with free booze and sandwiches. It's often busy and loud. As handy as it is while waiting on a flight I hardly think it's worth going out of your way for. But that is just my opinion and it's worth about as much as you paid for it.
Old Sep 24, 2003, 9:32 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
Nope, this will be your ticket to the arrivals lounge......

(some have managed to us the lounges through trying but this is not supposed to happen)
Old Sep 24, 2003, 9:59 am

I just traveled IAD-LHR-ATH on a first award. We used the arrivals lounge when we, well, arrived. Then we had a 12 hour layover in London so we took the heathrow express into the city. When we got back to LHR that night (same day that we had arrived), we showed our onward boarding passes at the lounge. I mentioned that we had arrived that morning in F and asked if that would let us into the F lounge. We were told that we were welcome to use the concorde room if we wanted. The agent in the concorde room took a quick look at our boarding passes from the night before and allowed us to enter.

This was a little over 2 weeks ago.
Old Sep 24, 2003, 10:04 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
John

They did the correct thing by you as your flight was leaving from the same terminal and you had arrived the same day in F.

The orginal poster will not be leaving the same terminal so doesn't have access.
Old Sep 24, 2003, 11:38 pm
Original Poster

Once again thank you for your quick answers.
ScottC: Till now I only know StarAlliance with their carriers and their lounges. Now I'm on a RTW with OW and now I see its time, to check, if my collegues were right - for me till now the Singapore First Lounge in SIN was the best one, but they said, no comparacion with LHR First/Concorde Room and CX Lounge in HKG. Thatswhy I want to check this :-)
Old Sep 25, 2003, 11:54 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Peter_D:
After finding out, that there is only a small chance that I can visit the BA First- and Concorde Lounge when flying with AA in First. What about Lounge Access when arriving with BA in First (A-Class) in Terminal 4??? Will this be my "ticket" to these lounges?</font>
If you are arriving in T4 on a BA First ticket you can get into the Departure Lounges. I have done this a bunch of times. Just make sure you don't exit all the way thru customs (there is a door on the right where you will have to go thru Security again), but you CAN wind your way back up inside to the Concorde Lounge. I don't know if the official policy allows this or whether they just let you in, absent a policy?

You can even shower and change in the MB Spa. A couple of the units also have steam. About the only thing you can't do is book a treatment without an outbound boarding pass.

[This message has been edited by nologic (edited 09-25-2003).]
Old Sep 25, 2003, 2:42 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CT-UK:
John

They did the correct thing by you as your flight was leaving from the same terminal and you had arrived the same day in F.

The orginal poster will not be leaving the same terminal so doesn't have access.
</font>
Well then, I'm glad that I asked if I could use the first lounge. Otherwise, I would have been in the club lounge and would not have been able to try JW Blue (I don't need to try it a second time).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.