Confused about Tier points anf Exec miles

Old Sep 25, 03, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, AMEX Cent
Confused about Tier points anf Exec miles

As a new Executive Club member, I have a question regarding tier points. Can I use a certain BA flight to accumulate tier points and the same flight to accrue miles on AA Advantage and not Exec miles?
Old Sep 25, 03, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm afraid not - you can either credit a flight to BA and earn tier points and BA miles, or to AA to earn Advantage miles. There is no way of mixing the two.

In fact, the only scheme I know off that allows you to double dip is Singapore Airlines Krisflyer, where you can earn sectors towards their PPS Club (when flying J or F) and miles in any Star Alliance FFP.
Old Sep 25, 03, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And to make it worse there are also BA flights that are not eligable for AA miles and Vice Versa...
Old Sep 25, 03, 4:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, AMEX Cent
Thanks for the info. I am planning on flying LHR-DXB in WT+. I believe I can claim Advantage status miles on this flight.
Old Sep 25, 03, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by prudentbear:
Thanks for the info. I am planning on flying LHR-DXB in WT+. I believe I can claim Advantage status miles on this flight.</font>
You can indeed. Have a good flight and enjoy DXB!
Old Sep 25, 03, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You could claim BA tier points and Asiamiles mileage for the same flight, but your account must be registered in Asia. Of course, Asiamiles is a poor reward program but that's beside the point.

[edited for typo]

[This message has been edited by TerryK (edited 09-25-2003).]

Search this Thread