Search

help with strategy for ticket change

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2003, 11:44 pm
sgm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
help with strategy for ticket change

Any help with the following dilemma I have would be appreciated greatly. I hope it is not too basic a question but a search revealed not much on the topic.

BACKGROUND
I have a ticket DUB-LHR-SAN return in M class with a Euro 127 change fee (had a great flight out, upgraded to WT+). I am due to take the return leg on 27th September but want to change the date. M class seems pretty open for most of October. My problem is I am uncertain as to the date I want to change it too (how long I can stay is beyond my control at this moment in time).

I have no status on BA (but am OW Sapphire).

Also my return flight seems pretty full – current seats for sale look like this:
SAN LHR 1645#1105 BA 274 F7 A5 J0 C0 D0 IC Y0 B0 K0 M0

My question(s):

(a) How late can I leave it before the flight to call BA and request the change?

(b) A long shot but when I call BA do I have to specify the new date?

(c) If I change the ticket, pay my Euro 127 and have a confirmed seat based on M class availability can later change the date again and at what cost?

(d) How safe (realizing nothing is safe) would it be to turn up at the airport, hoping to be bumped, and be re-ticketed for another date – free.

Thanks for any help. Don't often fly BA but have to say they are much better than EI.
Old Sep 20, 2003, 1:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

"(a) How late can I leave it before the flight to call BA and request the change?"

you could leave it to the day of departure if you wish to

"(b) A long shot but when I call BA do I have to specify the new date?"

That depends on the ticket. Some tickets allow open dating but it is unlikely that it will so you will probably have to specify a date

"(c) If I change the ticket, pay my Euro 127 and have a confirmed seat based on M class availability can later change the date again and at what cost?"

Depends on the rules of the ticket. If it allows changes at €127, then you probably can, but it might have a rule that says only 1 date change.

"(d) How safe (realizing nothing is safe) would it be to turn up at the airport, hoping to be bumped, and be re-ticketed for another date – free."

V risky , unless you are happy to take the flight if you don't get bumped.

The best thing to do is to phone BA up and ask them what the precise rules on changes on your ticket is.

Dave
Old Sep 20, 2003, 2:54 am
Original Member

Programs: One World
Keep in mind that SAN-LHR will be suspended by the end of October (26th?). I'm not sure what will happen if you want to extend your ticket after that date.
Old Sep 20, 2003, 4:31 pm
sgm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Many thanks to Dave and mijne. Afrer I call BA I will report back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.