Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Exec Club means more miles!!! - at least for Golds

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2003, 11:27 am
db7
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG PlatAmb, BA ,

Just been checking statement and note at the new rules for club class travel means a whole 2 miles more for some round trips.

When the actual mileage is an uneven number say 601 miles you are awarded a cabin bonus of 301 miles and a tier bonus of 301 miles making a total bonus of 602 miles a whoel 1 mile more per single segment so for return 2 extra miles!!! Doesn't cover my wife's loss as a silver card holder or my childrens as forced blue. But two extra miles for me, 300 less for my wife and 600 less for my children on a 601 my flight in club is a wonderful enhancement.
Old Sep 18, 2003, 1:39 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Glad to see it's working out for somebody. As a blue, I guess I'll just have to dream about ever seeing those 2 miles

--Grog--
Old Sep 19, 2003, 2:31 am

Programs: BA GGL&CCR, LH HON, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
But you used to get

601 flown miles
500 sector bonus
275 cabin bonus
275 tier bonus

That´s still 448 what you get now, per segment. So that windfall one mile is a whopping recovery of 0.2% of your loss!

[This message has been edited by FF_Bello (edited 09-19-2003).]
Old Sep 19, 2003, 7:52 am
db7
Original Poster

FF_bello think you must have been in a difference scheme from me - in the UK/Ireland exec club pre July you got

miles flown 601
cabin bonus 601

there was no teir or sector bonus

Old Sep 20, 2003, 1:23 am

One of the unexpected benefits of the EC changes which didn't come through very clearly in all the advance publicity is that Gold members get a 50% mileage bonus on every fare (except redemptions). This means that you earn 75% of full mileage, even when on an el cheapo at the back of the bus.
Old Sep 20, 2003, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maybe because many of us already had 150% for el cheapo in the back of the bus.
Old Sep 20, 2003, 5:42 pm

Programs: BA GGL&CCR, LH HON, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by db7:
FF_bello think you must have been in a difference scheme from me - in the UK/Ireland exec club pre July you got

miles flown 601
cabin bonus 601

there was no teir or sector bonus

I am a German EC member, and most certainly got tier and sector bonus (on all fares by the way, on top of the 100% miles for all fares for silver and golds; meaning a 298 mile DUS-LHR in N class got 298 base miles + 500 sector bonus + 200 tier bonus (25% of 298+500) = 998, however no tier points in N of course. Today the same flight is 125 (25% of 500) base miles + 250 (50% of 500) tier bonus=375 total).

</font>
Old Sep 21, 2003, 12:03 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by hfly:
Maybe because many of us already had 150% for el cheapo in the back of the bus.</font>

so th 75% is a compromise because many of us got 0% in the back.
Old Sep 21, 2003, 9:58 am
db7
Original Poster

Looks like its the UK/Irish Gold members who really benefit from the changes 2 extra miles on routes with uneven mileage. Must check OAG to see where I fly next!!!

As family don't do Y except for UK dom. the extrea status bonus doen't often apply. Even then my children who are under 18 and hence can't be anything but blue don't even gain here. Overall as a family we lose out.

Even biggger loss is when flying on OW airlines - reduced cabin bonus and no status bonus. Means on codeshares booking BA looks more attractive even if the ticket is more expensive and less flexible (compare the trerms and conditions for a BA D to an EI or AY D fare.

Suppose changes benefit most those people that need semi-flexible but cheap single sector tickets on route which compete with lcas

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.