Wiki Posts
Search

BA announces new rules for tktg Concorde

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2003, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
BA announces new rules for tktg Concorde

Due to the high demand and the limited number of seats on the remaining Concorde services the following amendments have been made to the full R class Concorde fares:

For travel on/before 16 October 03:

Prior to 7 days before departure all tickets are changeable and refundable

All reservations must be ticketed 7 days before departure

Within 7 days of departure tickets must be issued at time of booking

If tickets not purchased within the above parameters, reservations will be cancelled

Within 7 days of departure all tickets are non-changeable and non-refundable.

For travel on/after 17 October 03:

Tickets must be issued within 7 days of reservation

Within 7 days of departure tickets must be issued at time of booking

If tickets are not purchased, reservations will be cancelled

All tickets are non-changeable and non-refundable

Old Sep 19, 2003, 2:33 am

Programs: BA/VS Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond
I think a big part of why the flying public puts up with non-changeable, non-refundable tickets is that the risk is usually so small in absolute monetary terms. But I would never ever pay thousands and thousands of pounds for a ticket that'd be null and void if I oversleep, get stuck in traffic, or have something come up that absolutely needs my presence (without anyone dying).

I've missed flights countless times in my life -- most of those times I've been wise enough to pay a surcharge that permits it without penalty.

I guess a few thousand quid has to literally mean nothing to you if you find these terms acceptable.
Old Sep 19, 2003, 3:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I think that given the peculiar situation with Concorde retiring, putting these restrictions on such expensive tickets are reasonable.

If concerned about missing flights et al, normal First class tickets have no such restrictions

Dave
Old Sep 19, 2003, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Markonen:
I guess a few thousand quid has to literally mean nothing to you if you find these terms acceptable.</font>
I wouldn't be surprised if the bulk of people flying Concorde at the moment are people who would happily re-mortgage their houses, extend their credit card debts, etc. etc. just for the chance to fly the great white bird. Current Concorde pax are not likely to miss their flights through oversleeping or getting stuck in traffic. Most of the pax on my LHR-JFK flight in July would have got to JFK about as fast if they'd turned up at a normal time before a subsonic departure, instead of coming into the Concorde Room many hours early to get the full experience.
Old Sep 19, 2003, 6:56 am

Programs: BA/VS Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond
Yup. Now that I think about it, it seems that significantly overbooking these flights would be very dangerous for BA. Like Globaliser illustrated, they probably don't get that many no shows. With this in mind, some restrictions do make sense.

I think the no changes restriction is a no-brainer, but I think that some sort of investment protection (for example, rebooking in F permitted) would've been in order.

Well, I'm happy I managed to get one of the last award seats so that I don't have to worry about this
Old Sep 19, 2003, 7:53 am

Programs: QF WP; VA Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Markonen:
Yup. Now that I think about it, it seems that significantly overbooking these flights would be very dangerous for BA. Like Globaliser illustrated, they probably don't get that many no shows. With this in mind, some restrictions do make sense.
</font>
I understood that they never overbooked Concorde.

The aim of the above will to be to ensure that every remaing seat on the remaining services has a bum on it or else at least earning revenue.

Enjoy your flight!
Old Sep 19, 2003, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And how is this news? BA implemented these rules back on the 18th of June...

Old Sep 19, 2003, 12:37 pm

Programs: AA PLT; SPG G
Many airlines used similar rules on F-class tickets at the turn of the milennium for an expected boom in business that never materialized. US carriers occasionally implement them for huge events like the Super Bowl.

------------------
...or passengers swim.
Old Sep 19, 2003, 1:28 pm
Used to be Sydneysider

Programs: AS MVP/Gold (and 75K aspirant)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ScottC:
And how is this news? BA implemented these rules back on the 18th of June...

</font>

I guess not everyone is as up as you are on all of BA's happenings.
Old Sep 19, 2003, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ender83:

I guess not everyone is as up as you are on all of BA's happenings.
</font>
I posted it here on FT the day it happened so spare me your

Old Sep 19, 2003, 3:51 pm
Used to be Sydneysider

Programs: AS MVP/Gold (and 75K aspirant)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ScottC:
I posted it here on FT the day it happened so spare me your

</font>
The point is that not everyone checks this board daily, so while not news to you and I, it may have been to some people.

If a thread is redundant to you, I would encourage you to ignore it instead of posting your smart-... comments.
Old Sep 19, 2003, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ender83:
The point is that not everyone checks this board daily, so while not news to you and I, it may have been to some people.

If a thread is redundant to you, I would encourage you to ignore it instead of posting your smart-... comments.
</font>
Let me add another few

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.