World Traveller Plus

Old Sep 17, 2003, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

World Traveller Plus

I am looking at booking a flight from YVR- LHR in Prem. Econ. Can somebody give me feedback on the difference between reg. economy and Prem. Econ. Is it worth the $600 plus difference?

Which seats on a 747-400 are the best for leg room in Prem. Economy?

thank you for any helpful feedback, I have never flown BA before and would like to try them out.
Old Sep 17, 2003, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

These will help:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum15/HTML/003276.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum15/HTML/003753.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum15/HTML/003835.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum15/HTML/003088.html
Old Sep 17, 2003, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
I flew LHR-IAD-LHR in WT+ and I think it is quite good value for the Ł630/$1000 I paid for it.

-Wider seat with reclining
-more legroom (though must get a bulkhead seat IMHO)
-better IFE (slightly)
-proper points and miles
-cabin seems to be fairly empty so reasonably fast service
-priority over WT passengers in toilet queue (I kid you not, I was waiting in line and some woman that was there before me waved me to the toilet and explained to her daughter that I was in more expensive seat, cheers, you didnt need to )

The WT+ seat is much better for an overnight flight, see my tips
Old Sep 17, 2003, 3:59 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by nobody-elite:
I am looking at booking a flight from YVR- LHR in Prem. Econ. Can somebody give me feedback on the difference between reg. economy and Prem. Econ. Is it worth the $600 plus difference?

Which seats on a 747-400 are the best for leg room in Prem. Economy?

thank you for any helpful feedback, I have never flown BA before and would like to try them out.
</font>
I was upgraded to WT+ on a LHR/SEA flight a few months ago, and decided to spring for WT+ for my trip next month. Slightly wider seats and more legroom, which made all the difference on a 10-hr flight---I could actually bend forward and put my shoes back on at the end of the flight, whereas I risk spraining something if I try that stunt in WT. Food is the same as WT, but you get a few more choices on the in-flight video than in WT.

28B and 28J--stand-alone seats next to a door.

If you're traveling before 12/15, register for the triple-mileage promo.
Old Sep 17, 2003, 6:26 pm

BA WT+ is very similar in terms of legroom to AC's North American A320/319 J class seat, while not quite as wide, IIRC. I would also try to snag the single seat on the 747. Tons of personal space.

I really like the WT+ product, but I still think the price premium is a bit high.
Old Sep 17, 2003, 11:07 pm

Programs: UAL, AA, AS, CX
I like the WT+ product allot however not enough to pay $600 extra. Now to upgrade in a more reasonable way, perhaps

Any seat I think is acceptable but I did have the aisle seat in the bulk head on a 777 and found it quite acceptable plus the FA pulled down the baby table and we used that as well for more room.
Old Sep 18, 2003, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JHIN:
Any seat I think is acceptable but I did have the aisle seat in the bulk head on a 777 and found it quite acceptable plus the FA pulled down the baby table and we used that as well for more room.</font>
I had the bulkhead seat too but thought if I pulled down the baby table the FA might fetch a cot and ask whether I was getting on it
Old Sep 18, 2003, 12:12 pm

Programs: BA Blue.

Is this offer open to residents of the UK - if so - where do you register? Thanks.
Old Sep 18, 2003, 5:58 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by blawson:

Is this offer open to residents of the UK - if so - where do you register? Thanks.
</font>
No, only open to EC members residing in the US, Canada, Bermuda, Bahamas, Guam, or the Caribbean.
Old Sep 19, 2003, 7:58 am
Suspended

Programs: United 1K, HHonors Gold, MR Gold
I like WT+. I often find that the cabin is either nearly empty (in which case I get a pair of seats to myself) or Economy is full, and I get bumped to Club. If it's a night flight, you might want to avoid seats in the path to the bathrooms (from economy) because I think economy passengers are sometimes allowed to use the bathroom in WT+ (so there's a fair amount of traffic to and from the toilets).
Old Sep 19, 2003, 8:17 am

Programs: BA Gold
And seats 29B & 29J are the best value seats on a 744. Nobody anywhere near you!
Old Sep 19, 2003, 10:51 am

Programs: BAEC
I sampled both WT and WT+ on the same flight (Mrs Driller told the FA that we had a tight connection and could we move closer to the door before we landed, so we were able to move up for the last hour), since then think WT+ is definitely worth it and always gone
WT+, especially on overnight flights: for 'compact' guys like me, I can sleep OK on a WT+ seat and won't necessarily use the IFE or the better meal in CW.
Old Sep 19, 2003, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BA Loyal:
And seats 29B & 29J are the best value seats on a 744. Nobody anywhere near you!</font>
is this a feature on the 70 CW seat 747 only?

I went on the 38 CW seat 747 ex-IAD and couldnt find this seat with the huge amount of legroom. I think it was described as being the window seat in the second row of WT+
Old Sep 19, 2003, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fbgdavidson:
Is this a feature on the 70 CW seat 747 only?</font>
Yup. A seat on its own by the door, one on each side of the aircraft.
Old Sep 19, 2003, 4:28 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IC Ambassador, Priority Pass
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BA Loyal:
And seats 29B & 29J are the best value seats on a 744. Nobody anywhere near you!</font>
according to www.seatexpert.com, it is 28B & 28J. i will try to get these on my flight to and from BOM next month as it seems this is the type of 747-400 that is used on this route.

bvamin

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.