Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tarveling with Two Infants in First Class

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2003, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage 8 MM Executive Platinum, Etihad Gold, Starwood Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Tarveling with Two Infants in First Class

My wife and I will be traveling with our six-month-old (at the time of travel) twins from DFW to LGW in first class. We have seats for all four of us. We will be connecting to an Emirates flight to Dubai in first class at Gatwick after a layover of about six hours. This is the first trip my kids will be making. I want it to be good for us and I do not want to ruin the trip of others who would be sharing the cabin with us.

Please give me advice on how to keep the kids comfortable in the flight and to help them cry as little as possible. Thanks.

Two other questions:

1. Would they need car seats in the planes?

2. I understand that we will have to use the Delta airlines lounge at Gatwick because they have a partnership agreement with Emirates. I do not know if that lounge is good or not and would rather use the BA lounge. Would we be allowed to use the BA first lounge as arriving passengers?

Thanks.

------------------
American 2 MM Executive Platinum; United Premier Executive; British Airways Gold; Starwood Platinum; Hyatt Diamond
Old Aug 17, 2003, 3:03 pm

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
Ally

Take a look at this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum15/HTML/004798.html

It is about 2 posts away from yours....
Old Aug 17, 2003, 3:32 pm

Programs: LH au VS au BMI au
I believe there is a seperate kidies first class section located inside the engine cowling of both 747 and 777 aircraft - i am sure others will be able to confirm - otherwise try dipping te dummy in good brandy - worked on me apparently when i was very little - probably still would
Old Aug 17, 2003, 4:33 pm
cxn

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jongar:
I believe there is a seperate kidies first class section located inside the engine cowling of both 747 and 777 aircraft - i am sure others will be able to confirm - otherwise try dipping te dummy in good brandy - worked on me apparently when i was very little - probably still would</font>
i guess i shouldnt let anyone know what flight my wife, 1 year old and I will be on next year, first SEA - LHR.

just trying to confirm row 1 at this time. personally, i am tired of all the drunks on the plane .

Christian

Old Aug 17, 2003, 5:48 pm

Location: BNE, Australia...not too far from the nearest Qantas Pub err Club
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Ally:
1. Would they need car seats in the planes?</font>
I would strongly recommend using car seats. BA supplies Britax skycots, which are suitable for use with bassinets, but a car seat is much safer, and it's a familiar environment for your twins.

Further, you should ask for bassinet seats for yourselves. If you've got a 6 month old who needs comforting during the flight, you can put them in the bassinet.
Old Aug 17, 2003, 5:57 pm

If I owned an Airline I'd prohibit under fives in First Class. At $12,000 a go I expect peace and quiet

It could be a successful marketing program for some airline

(As a minimun I'd charge Kids full fare - why do BA charge infants 10% of the fare???)
Old Aug 17, 2003, 7:19 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jongar:
I believe there is a seperate kidies first class section located inside the engine cowling of both 747 and 777 aircraft - i am sure others will be able to confirm - otherwise try dipping te dummy in good brandy - worked on me apparently when i was very little - probably still would</font>
When you post essentially the same kind of response to every thread about kids for months and months it really is not half as funny as you must think. It is actually just the same thing over and over, and it was not particularly witty the first time. You don't like kids, great we understand, anything else to say or is that pretty much it?
Old Aug 17, 2003, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BigKing:
When you post essentially the same kind of response to every thread about kids for months and months it really is not half as funny as you must think. It is actually just the same thing over and over, and it was not particularly witty the first time. You don't like kids, great we understand, anything else to say or is that pretty much it? </font>
Now you know how I felt with all the same responses on the Jaguar fiasco!

P.S. It's a joke
Old Aug 18, 2003, 12:45 am

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Ally:
We have seats for all four of us.</font>
I'm assuming you have paid Full Fare for you and your wife and the 80% of Full Fare for the children. BA offer an Infant fare WITHOUT a seat for 10% of the full fare.

If they have their own seat they will need an approved car seat. Skycots (Bassinets) cannot be used during take off and landing. I'd call BA and book Bassinett seats. Due to the layout of First Class I'm not sure how you will be able to be seated together as a family.

------------------
Gaza's oneworld & Star Alliance Round the World Information Pages - www.rtw-info.co.uk
Old Aug 18, 2003, 2:50 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Maybe I am just a sourpuss, but I was a little surprised to see two threads about babies and children in First Class (again I ask, does anyone travel anything but First Class).

Now, I am sure that there is tons of information that can be found by doing a search here, so if this is a genuine inquiry please stop reading here and ignore everything that I am going to say.

Quite honestly since there are two topics that drive this Board into frenzies they are children in premium cabins, and compensation. I find that we have very very few children in First Class as a rule. Then suddenly we have both. I hasten to add that I have no problem with the timing or content of the lady who started the first.

Most people who sit in First are being paid for by businesses. I have to say that most people who seem to pop in and out seem to fly First Class all the time. We never hardly have conversations from Club World, and I thought that was the Businessmen/ladies cabin.

May I say that we often have posters with just a few posts under their belt start threads which are highly contentious. Having read some of the remarks which - sorry again - may have been honest but were certainly not the finest hours of the people who posted them. Again, I intend to offend nobody. In that light along comes a post which genuinely seems ready to light more touch paper, and we all rise to the bait.

Sorry, but I am being as honest but I find the whole timing highly dubious. We have a british expression and it is "Wind Up" (as in clock). Scotty uses another expression.

Still, have fun, and forgive me if I do not stop to play or if I am wrong in my suspicions but I'm off to bed.

[This message has been edited by PUCCI GALORE (edited 08-18-2003).]
Old Aug 18, 2003, 6:40 am

Programs: LH au VS au BMI au
putting kids it the cowling - i genuinely believe that there should be a process of mandatory sedation for children on night flights. Sometimes you gotta do the whole orchard to get the bad apples.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.