Search

Engineers next?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2003, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routires, PCR
Engineers next?

I haven't read the real newspapers yet, but I noticed this tucked away at the end of a story in The Business about BA returning to Basra possibly by August 15 (only 5 days away) and not (yet) returning to Baghdad:

Talks between BA and engineering unions stalled this weekend as both sides failed to agree on working practices including a new roster.

Leaving aside the poor English (what point would there be if only one side agreed ?), does anybody know if this is a potentially serious problem? Thanks.

Old Aug 10, 2003, 3:09 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Maybe Concorde operations will be disrupted and flight will leave late/not at all...oh wait, that's happening already
Old Aug 17, 2003, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routires, PCR
More flesh on the bone in The Business today.

No link, I'm afraid - apparently The Business does not have a website - and the article is too long to type out in full.

It seems that the engineers will vote on the swipe cards issue and a 3% pay rise with strike action a likely comsequence.

Apparently, the engineers use cards to swipe in but not to swipe out (!)

(Excuse me while I suffer a reality breakdown .)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.