Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fare Explorer Has Changed

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2003, 6:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
Fare Explorer Has Changed

Fare explorer has changed - colourful screen with the dates and choices of fares have disappeared.

You now get a choice "Search for cheapest fare" or "search for specific flights". This only used to happen when you wanted to book multi-sector flights.

I don't think this is as user friendly.

Why change it?
Old Aug 2, 2003, 6:59 am

Not userfriendly is a nice understated way of putting it. It is absolutely AWFUL! This is what the booking engine used to be like for BA in Germany, and I hate it with a passion. It makes it nearly impossible to combine flights that you actually want.

I hope this is a temporary fix while Fare explorer is being fiddled with, or something!
Old Aug 2, 2003, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I agree.

Previously, you could see at a glance the fares selected throughout the day so you could pick the cheapest fare if you wanted to.

Now you have to select the flights and then go back and select different flights to see if you could get a cheaper fare.

Regards

TBS

Old Aug 2, 2003, 7:21 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; VA Plat; AccorPlus Plat
This reminds me of when easySabre went away and everyone was told that equivalent functionality was available on Travelocity. By making it harder to find cheap fares, presumably people will end up buying the more expensive fares.

- Simon
Old Aug 2, 2003, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
I preferred the way on the old version that you could see the price of each segment individually
Old Aug 2, 2003, 10:58 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

I'm hoping its just a temporary measure - noted an update message splashing across the top of BA's homepage in firey red:

"If you can't find the fare you're looking for please call 0870 850 9 850 or visit your nearest BA Travel Shop or Travel Agent"

Cannot possibly concieve why they would replace the popular fare explorer with the old booking engine - what a retrograde step that would be,.
Old Aug 2, 2003, 11:31 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Hufflepuff:
This is what the booking engine used to be like for BA in Germany...</font>
No its not... the German booking engine showed all possible booking classes and prices for each selected flight...this new version is even worse!

Every few months they change the booking engine... not funny!

[This message has been edited by Hammer (edited 08-02-2003).]
Old Aug 2, 2003, 11:51 am

It would appear it has changed back again
Hurrah!
Old Aug 2, 2003, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
I came across this post after I had already checked the 4-day offer for ZRH (£43+ = £22 out and £21 back + taxes). I found the multi-coloured pages so all seems to be OK.

(All except the extras, which in BA's case are far higher than another airline ...)
Old Aug 2, 2003, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Seems to be tempermental, earlier it didn't have the 'this colour means it is more expensive etc' version and now it is back

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.