Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Last 24 hours to buy Concorde flight on eBay!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2003, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.

I found this auction in a search for something else. The seller is offering Concorde westbound on 28 August and Y return on 6 September.

He appears accidentally to have left a piece of paper over the name on his e-ticket receipt. For a laugh, I've asked him how he's going to transfer the ticket to me, but he's neglected to answer.

Thought I'd share this in case anyone else wants a laugh.
Old Jul 27, 2003, 2:59 pm

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
How does the seller plan or changing the names on the ticket? I thought that you are unable to change the name.
Old Jul 27, 2003, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Even I know that you can't change the name
though we did manage to do it once at the check-in desk for a charter flight when skiing in the Alps, that is the other end of the flying spectrum to Concorde though..

The bidders are suckers!

Merry bidding....my ar*e!
Old Jul 27, 2003, 4:54 pm

I suspect that s/he won't be selling this ticket anytime soon since he has a reserve on the ticket that probably won't be met. What a shame for the person who does have the winning bid and can't transfer the ticket. On the other hand, the seller might simply be auctioning off a new ticket using his BA miles.
Old Jul 28, 2003, 2:47 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by raffy:
On the other hand, the seller might simply be auctioning off a new ticket using his BA miles.</font>
This wouldn't work since the ticket would have to be reissued, meaning the seats would go back into general inventory. The miles would then take a few hours to be credited back by which time the seat would probably have disappeared.
Old Jul 28, 2003, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">The seller ended this listing early because the item is no longer available for sale.</font>
He pulled it about 11 hours before it was supposed to have ended. The reserve was not met, but neither did we have the entertaining last-minute bidding flurry.
Old Jul 29, 2003, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Globaliser:
The seller ended this listing early because the item is no longer available for sale.</font>
He pulled it about 11 hours before it was supposed to have ended. The reserve was not met, but neither did we have the entertaining last-minute bidding flurry.
I'd like to have seen him wriggle out of it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.