Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Treatment of Premium Passengers at Heathrow ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2003, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Has any one got first hand experience on how BA have looked after F and J Passengers through the caos of Heathrow over the last few days ?

I would be interested to hear how well or badly BA have looked after you ?
Old Jul 22, 2003, 10:32 am

Not first hand but a y passenger stated on tv that flights to jo'burg flew with f and c crew and pax only. y pax were left behind.
Old Jul 22, 2003, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I can't speak of the past weekend but during the other similar situations in the past BA always looked after me very well, I was stranded and the Gold line arranged a staff member to meet me instead of having me stand in line, they booked a hotel for me in downtown london as I didn't feel like hanging around the airport area, got a car service to take me there and picked me up in the morning.

Granted, it's always a mess for every single passenger but they did try and keep me semi-happy at least.
Old Jul 22, 2003, 11:44 am
FF

Programs: BA GGL / AAdvantage Million Miler + Plat / TK Gold (not any more) / Hilton Diamond (via GGL)
A friend of mine was in the Terraces lounge at T4 on Saturday night / Sunday and told me that BA had to get the Police to eject everyone when they closed. Lots of *very* unhappy campers, he said. That would have been mostly BA/OW Silver and J pax, I s'pose, 'cos Golds and F pax would have mostly been in the other lounge complex.
Old Jul 22, 2003, 12:38 pm
GK

Programs: reformed ex basic Member
Ask Punki. She and Joe were concorde passengers and treated as badly as everyone else..
Old Jul 22, 2003, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by GK:
Ask Punki. She and Joe were concorde passengers and treated as badly as everyone else..</font>
They ARRIVED on Concorde, the onward was just a regular shorthaul flight. Once you are off a premium flight with BA you are the same as anyone...

But, the general consensus is that everyone was treated equally crap this weekend.
Old Jul 22, 2003, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

So were First Class and Club passengers allowed inside T 4 to check in or did they have to wait outside with everybody else ?
Old Jul 22, 2003, 1:31 pm

Programs: A variety of precious-metal themed cards; MUCCI
Re the closure of the Terraces lounge... that is absolutely *pathetic* of BA - are you seriously telling me they made a large number of their premium passengers leave the relatively comfortable confines of the lounge to go and sleep on the (already crowded) floors of the terminal?

I doubt it was entirely OW Silver and J pax - I frequently choose to use that lounge when departing from a gate on that side of the terminal.
Old Jul 22, 2003, 6:30 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by J-Class:
Re the closure of the Terraces lounge... that is absolutely *pathetic* of BA - are you seriously telling me they made a large number of their premium passengers leave the relatively comfortable confines of the lounge to go and sleep on the (already crowded) floors of the terminal?

I doubt it was entirely OW Silver and J pax - I frequently choose to use that lounge when departing from a gate on that side of the terminal.
</font>
At around 1 or 2 a.m. on Sunday they kicked everyone out of the Concorde Room and told us we could go to the lounge by gate 1C where at some point they locked the refrigerators containing the soda cans etc...

Old Jul 22, 2003, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by J-Class:

</font>
Why is it pathetic? If there are no staff to look after the place then it's pretty logical to close the place, elite or not. Having a gold card or premium ticket doesn't entitle mean you are a reliable person, even in a staffed lounge I've seen people try and steal stuff.

Old Jul 22, 2003, 11:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP, BA GLD, FT < 30 y
-------------------------------------

Last edited by CharlesMD; May 21, 2004 at 4:51 am
Old Jul 23, 2003, 12:11 am

I had a similar lounge experience with BA a few month ago. Paid F ticket. Not helpful, treated like cattle.

In conmtrast LH left the SEN lounges open all night, got more food and blankets for people stranded in a similar situation.

Not that LH is all perfect, but after a few really bad experiences in LHR (as paid F customer) i put my money elswhere.
Old Jul 23, 2003, 3:04 am

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ScottC:
Why is it pathetic? If there are no staff to look after the place then it's pretty logical to close the place, elite or not. Having a gold card or premium ticket doesn't entitle mean you are a reliable person, even in a staffed lounge I've seen people try and steal stuff.</font>
BA could have found a very senior member of the management team to look after the Premium pax in the lounge!

------------------
Gaza's oneworld & Star Alliance Round the World Information Pages - www.rtw-info.co.uk
Old Jul 23, 2003, 4:01 am

I have no complaints. They simply booked me into a hotel (Ok it was just outside Windsor) and said, you will be much more confortable in a hotel than the airport.

Like all the other passengers in the lounge I was in, we were told it would have to close as a requirement of BAA.
Old Jul 23, 2003, 4:12 am

Programs: QF WP; VA Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Merry:

we were told it would have to close as a requirement of BAA.
</font>

The lounges are in a secured area which gets closed as the last flights leave. BAA need people to patrol the area and BA needs a minimum compliment inside the lounge. For both companies it would be for H&S and security reasons.

Remember no matter how badly BA's staff relations are this was all caused by an illegal wildcat strike. Staff members should have raised the issue with there unions and then balloted for industrial action to get over their grievances.

They are only affecting themselves in the long run with behaivour such as this.

As has been said before, at least with a planned strike you are mainly affecting those you have the brievance with, your employer, and not the innocent customers caught in the cross fire. Well there is less inconvenience compared with the past weekend for customers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.