Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Deployed to War. BA won't answer question. Need Your Help Please

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Deployed to War. BA won't answer question. Need Your Help Please

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2003, 9:21 am

Programs: Mucci Gold Class
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BRITISH AIRWAYS USA:
If it it a Partner or Joint award with BA and it was issued on or before 30 June 2003, then you can make date changes subject to availability. However you cannot re-issue it or redeposit the miles.
</font>
Well, I tried to book a CX F award before June 30th and was told categorically I could not make date changes after I booked it. I was referred to a clause in the membership handbook (which I was able to verify myself) which specifically stated no changes could be made to partner awards. I ended up booking on BA (the long way around and at extra mileage cost) specifically because of this.
Old Jul 15, 2003, 2:08 pm

Location: District of Columbia, Maryland- AA 2M Life Platinum, UA 1K, TK Gold, BA Silver, IC RA, Fairmont/Marriott Platinum, SPG/Hilton/Omni Gold, Wynn/Makers Mark Ambassador, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis Chairmans, National Executive
I am in the same predicament as well. Have an award option for an intra-Asian award on CX but since I am flying on NW to get there, any delays, disruptions or the like will cause havoc an iron clad reservation on a BA partner.

Made the mistake too of changing my BA membership from North America to Europe which basically means I have to call Europe to access my account offline or make reservations with miles.

Sorry, but after I burn my remaining miles (with great pleasure and relief) I am staying off BA as they have made the use of miles almost useles. BA is just not making it easy, although they enjoyed the business class fares we paid to travel IAD-LHR before.

AA charges for award fees as do most other carriers and they make a lot of $$ off of people like me. We are business travelers whose plans can change several times before a flight. BA mileage partner awards seem to only be good if you are planning somethig with concrete plans, like a honeymoon after a wedding. But then again, even plans like those can change.

------------------
Going back to the bAAsics
Feed the world for FREE! One click daily- www.thehungersite.com
Old Jul 16, 2003, 11:26 pm

Programs: BA LTG, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, AA EXP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT, Hilton DM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BRITISH AIRWAYS USA:

BAGold - Your answer is not completely true.

Here are the exact rules.

- If it it a Partner or Joint award with BA and it was issued on or before 30 June 2003, then you can make date changes subject to availability. However you cannot re-issue it or redeposit the miles.

- If it is a Partner or Joint award with BA and it was issued on or after 01 July 2003, then it's a "use it or loose it ticket". That means no revalidations, re-issues, or redeposits are permitted at any time for any reason, and it does not matter what your tier is.

Way to many people were using the free date changes rule. There would be many cases where passengers would call and make a date change to the day before. Then, one of the Tele-agents would look in the PNR history and see that they have called everyday and made a change back and for between the same flights just on different days just because "they could free of charge". Every time they do that it costs BA lots of money from the airline that the reservation is on. Some people were completely abusing the rules. I'm talking like 30-40 date changes before they even get to day of departure. And that number is not a joke. It is sad though that some people have to suffer because of that.

[This message has been edited by BRITISH AIRWAYS USA (edited 07-14-2003).]
</font>

Thank you for clarifying it. I was referring to tickets issued on/before June 30, 2003.

BA actually faxed me the sheet that states date changes are allowed for partner awards issued on/before June 30, 2003. If anyone needs me to fax them a copy of that sheet, let me know.

whmere, I think you were misled if you tried to book it on/before June 30, 2003.

fallinasleep, I honestly think you may be out of luck if it was a partner award ticket. Hope they waive that for you.... play dumb and be nice

BA USA, as others have stated, why not just charge people $50 or $100 for each date change?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.