Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UK Domestic Market Research

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2003, 2:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
UK Domestic Market Research

I've just received an Email from a research company doing a project for BA on UK Domestic flights. You get a pin number and a URL.

The survey crashes about halfway through.

The bit I saw was looking at various scenarios and how much we would be prepared to pay. The starting point was the current fully flexible fare of 318 and then how much we would pay for more restrictions.

Then it crashed. Tried once more then it crashed again and thought I'd better get on with the day job.
Old Jul 15, 2003, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
It didn't even let me get that far. When it found I hadn't flown a UK domestic in the last three months, it was "So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, adieu!"
Old Jul 15, 2003, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
I've now completed the survey from home. Mainly it is asking how much extra people are prepared to pay for various things on top of a non-refundable non-changeable ticket of 59?

How much extra to get flexibility one or both ways. How much extra for lounge access. How much extra for fast track departure. How much extra to print boarding cards at home (shouldn't we get paid for that?). How much extra for more elbow room (perhaps some 2x3 seating on UK Dom?)

Also would it be acceptable to introduce a 3 booking fee for credit cards online so as to encourage the use of debit cards. Err - come on guys you also promote BA branded credit cards don't you?

[This message has been edited by edi-traveller (edited 07-15-2003).]
Old Jul 15, 2003, 11:24 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold (current GGL), HH Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by edi-traveller:
Also would it be acceptable to introduce a 3 booking fee for credit cards online so as to encourage the use of debit cards. Err - come on guys you also promote BA branded credit cards don't you?
</font>
This one really gets to me ... that they would even consider it. Granted, 3 quid is not a big deal ... but is BA even thinking about the business traveller here?

How many people have corporate debit cards?
Old Jul 16, 2003, 12:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
I think there a several different versions of the survey. Mine took a theoretical 593 full C-class ticket from Heathrow to Rome and asked me how much, by comparison, I would be prepared to pay for a range of different ticket types. Things they varied included:

Airport of arrival (would you pay more to use Heathrow)
Time of arrival (would you be prepared to put up with arriving back at Midnight)
Flexibility (would you accept a lower priced ticket with flexibility but a 40 change fee every time you changed)
Would you like the idea of a ticket that was non-changeable on the outward leg but fully flexible on the retrun (yes please!)
How much less would you see yourself paying for a ticket that was fully flexible but no refundable and had to be bought a week in advance?
Also lots of permutations of the Saturday-night-stay, 2-night stay variety.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.