Wiki Posts
Search

Make a phone call. Fly to Europe!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2003, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Make a phone call. Fly to Europe!

My apologies to Pudding Guy for poaching his title.

Here's the deal: we all have some long-distance plan for our phone calls. MCI is running a 10,000 BA mile promo. Sign up, get 10,000 miles (1000 miles a month).

Not a bad plan - $ 2.95/mo and all long distance is 5 cents a minute to any state including Hawaii and Alaska.

OK - that's 10K. How about the rest? Well, we've all got a household account, right? And I've got two lines in my house (phone and fax) - so, there's 20K. The rest of my family (my daughter and her husband live up stairs, and they've got two lines, too) - another 20K miles. I'm already up to 40K in the household account and it only has four members. After July 1, I'll be able to add three more of the people who live here.

How to do it.

1. Don't have MCI - call 1-800-204-2688. They'll walk you through the whole thing. Have your BAEC number handy.

2. Already have MCI? Call customer service at 1-888-212-3091. Tell them to cancel the current plan and give you the 10K BA bonus of you'll switch to Sprint (this was the advice from the MCI guy). They want you - they'll do it.

It's going to be pretty tough to get miles on BA by flying, but these deals seem to keep coming.
Old Jun 27, 2003, 9:14 pm

Excellent!!! Do not forget that post Jul 1 you can have 7 members in your household account!!! If you can get to 75K that is 1 way biz and return in coach!!

rich
Old Jun 27, 2003, 9:25 pm

Programs: UA 1P
Yes! Why would I fly 20 round-trips in coach to earn a ticket (which would take me 6-10 years) when I can just make a phone call? Great! Paid tickets on United, award tickets on BA thanks to MCI, Jaguar, Diners and whoever is next. Oh, and of course thaks to BigLar for this post!
Old Jul 8, 2003, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Bump, 'cuz this supposedly runs out 15 July.

And by now everyone knows to what lengths I'll go for BA miles.
Old Jul 8, 2003, 6:33 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold (current GGL), HH Diamond
BigLar,

Where's the link that tells about the 10K mile offer. I only see a 5K offer at http://www.mci.com/executiveclub.
Old Jul 8, 2003, 11:53 pm

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
This link shows 6000 miles (over 2 months) + 5 miles per $1 spent which looks very good.

http://consumer.mci.com/partners/air...ays/index.html
Old Jul 9, 2003, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Don't have a link. Just call the toll-free numbers and ask for the 10,000 mile BA bonus offer. It's 1000 miles to start, and 1000 miles a month as long as you keep the service until you get 10,000. You also get 5 miles per dollar that you spend.

I just took the long distance offer. The credit card offer seems to be a rip-off, but the 5 cents/minute is pretty good.
Old Jul 14, 2003, 1:39 pm

Can you post the number to call for the 10K offer as the offers are usually specific by the number used to call in on

thanks

Old Jul 14, 2003, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by myriad1776:
Can you post the number to call for the 10K offer as the offers are usually specific by the number used to call in on

thanks

</font>
See the first post in this thread. Relevant data repeated below. And welcome to Flyertalk!

How to do it.

1. Don't have MCI - call 1-800-204-2688. They'll walk you through the whole thing. Have your BAEC number handy.

2. Already have MCI? Call customer service at 1-888-212-3091. Tell them to cancel the current plan and give you the 10K BA bonus of you'll switch to Sprint (this was the advice from the MCI guy). They want you - they'll do it.

BTW, I called the Cust Svc number and had no problem switching my old MCI account over to the new one. The only sticking point was that I couldn't have two accounts in the same name (logical).

Now - my second line is in my wife's name, but I'm not sure if I can't just use the different EC numbers. Of course, if you've only got one line, there isn't any problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.