BA website down today

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2004, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
That was a fair question. You had always struck me as being a Mr. through your tone and the very sense of immediacy that you have with you. I may be wrong - but whilst I do not suffer fools gladly - you give the impression that you do not suffer them at all. I suspect that you prefer to keep yourself to yourself, and that a chatty neighbour in the seat next to you would drive you mad. Some would endure it, you'd move. If I am wrong, please do not be offended.
I certainly am a mister. I was just keeping you honest. Keeping the world honest is my career on the Internet. And your insight is correct that I do not suffer fools. As for my seat neighbor, from time to time I'm surprised that they ocassionally have something interesting to say. So I always try to keep an open mind and ear if I'm not too jet lagged. And I long ago learned to not get offended here. Would that all of us could pick up that skill.

Back to the topic on hand, network redundancy is quite expensive and I'm not surprised BA is cutting corners in all areas other than safety. But the real issue is that the data systems did not come back up correctly after the switch closet was repowered. Heads should roll on that point.
Old May 17, 2004, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Dave_C. Wimbledon...is that really really Wimbledon, not Raynes Park, Merton, Wimbledon Chase? I'm even closer than you think...my station is Berrylands.
Pucci, I'm in Wimbledon Village, although I must confess I'm nearer to Raynes Park station than Wimbledon proper.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.