Celebs on BA

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2004, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Ah,

The " wardrobe malfunciton" part deux!!

Regards

TBS
Thankfully for all present, everything (and there appeared quite a bit of it) remained in its right and proper place.
Old Apr 18, 2004, 4:07 pm

And coming back from FCo last week Paul O'Grady (aka Lily Savage). Only recognised her from the grating Scouse accent!
Old Apr 18, 2004, 4:43 pm

Programs: BA Blue forever!
Af Lax-cdg

In my opinion, the reason to fly on Air France LAX to CDG is that it is non-stop [not all flights]. On BA you must change at LHR. We have really enjoyed the non-stops to Paris but once we only went that way because BA was sold out. Since our miles are almost totally on BA that trip was bittersweet. The meals were better and I actually sat next to someone interesting for a change [other than my husband]. It was a real, live, talking Frenchman

Last edited by daph; Jul 18, 2005 at 3:31 pm Reason: Belongs to Why fly to Paris on Air France instead of BA
Old Apr 19, 2004, 2:42 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; VS Lifetime Gold
Goldie Hawn (and on another occasion Billy Connolly) in Virgin UC LHR-LAX rather than BA F because they "like the way VS treats me like anyone else" instead of "BA crew ignoring other passengers to concentrate on me".

It could be worse: in BA "F" cabin JNB-LHR, I overheard two recognisable UK TV actors ask the CSD to stop addressing them by name. At least CX and SQ FA's ask "F" pax discreetly on boarding if they mind being addressed by name.
Old Apr 19, 2004, 6:06 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
What??!!

Originally Posted by fbgdavidson
-Had a brief chat with Reese Witherspoon at the frosted glass Concorde doors when flying in R LHR-JFK (September 2002)
-Joan Collins in CW on the Upper Deck, LHR-JFK again (Spring 2000)
-Anne Robinson in 2A (she pinched my seat ) in F, LHR-LAX (Spring 2001)
No, this cannot be true. joan Collins in Club World??!! The only time that I ever "had" her was years ago on BCAL en route to LAX. She had, I gather, arrived late (20 mins before dep) for her BA flight and her 3 F seats had been given away. She created an unholy row at T4 as they offered her Club World. She did a Merry, and demanded managers, called the check in person every name that she could call to tongue. Anyway she stormed off and as every non-stop had gone, she hot footed down to LGW and we got the pleasure of her company. Guess who was working F that day? Well, she was charming, and great fun. She also thought that we were far better than BA! She noticed (most didn't) that we changed into long skirts to serve lunch and complimented us.

When I got home (I was not that long married so Him Indoors was always agog, and showed me the headlines of the kerfuffle that had made the headlines!). Ignorance had been bliss.

Now you realise that I wonder what on earth she was doing in CW a couple of years later?

Ref: Seat 2A. That was not Anne Robinson - it was me off duty.
Old Apr 19, 2004, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
No, this cannot be true. Joan Collins in Club World??!!
Well I believed it to be Joan Collins, not many people dress up like that for a flight. My parents thought it was also Joan Collins however my brother didn't know who Joan Collins was! Perhaps she wanted to schlepp it with the likes of the Davidson family

I even saw a picture of her in the Sunday Times Style section with all her luggage and there was a Club tag on there!

Last edited by fbgdavidson; Apr 19, 2004 at 8:54 am
Old Apr 19, 2004, 9:21 am

Programs: BA Blue. 19695 Lifetime TPs
Anthea Turner in Highland First on Caledonian back from Barbados a few years ago. Was in the row in front so, technically, I slept next to Anthea Turner (though I realise belonging to a club that includes Peter Powell is nothing to boast about !)
Old Apr 19, 2004, 10:41 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by influential
I had the enormous pleasure of being sat behind Richard and Judy on a flight to MIA a couple of years back. Having consumed most of the F wine list, she for one looked a lot worse in the flesh!
Is that possible?

Originally Posted by daph
I actually sat next to someone interesting for a change [other than my husband]. It was a real, live, talking Frenchman
Marcel Marceau?

Originally Posted by fraisse10
Was in the row in front so, technically, I slept next to Anthea Turner (though I realise belonging to a club that includes Peter Powell is nothing to boast about !)
By all accounts it isn't a very select club and I'm referring to quantity rather than quality.
Old Apr 19, 2004, 10:52 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Ref: Seat 2A. That was not Anne Robinson - it was me off duty.
So Pucci, was that you I spotted coming back on BA 246 (Rio/São Paulo) in early Nov. '03?

None on BA AFAIK. Most of my celeb spots have been in the EI Dublin lounge. In descending order of importance

John Hume
Elvis Costello
Bono x 2
Louis Walsh
Old Apr 19, 2004, 12:03 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
Just the name of this message string made me want to yawn but it's actually very amusing, not least thanks to Pucci's and edi-traveller's contributions. La Collins slumming it in CW... Was Christopher Biggins at here side (sorry for the non-Brits among us, I suspect you won't know who he is).

I'm afraid I can only go so far as Prince Edward in CE LHR-LIS. He did force me into row 2

Last edited by virtualtroy; Apr 19, 2004 at 12:15 pm
Old Apr 19, 2004, 12:07 pm

There was a guy in 6D from BCN-LHR who I swear was famous but I couldn't name him ... he looked like a cross between a young Roland Gift and Will Young ...

I'm a hopeless star-spotter ... the Australians on the board will understand just how bad when I say that 10 years I was talking to a guy in a bar while waiting to be served and told my friends off when I got back to them for calling him 'Fatty' ... it was Paul Vautin.

And worst of all ... in 1999 I was invited into the players lounge at Anfield and proceeded to ask Jason McAteer what he did for a living! Oh the shame!!
Old Apr 20, 2004, 5:57 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by rexee
There was a guy in 6D from BCN-LHR who I swear was famous but I couldn't name him ... he looked like a cross between a young Roland Gift and Will Young ...

I'm a hopeless star-spotter ... the Australians on the board will understand just how bad when I say that 10 years I was talking to a guy in a bar while waiting to be served and told my friends off when I got back to them for calling him 'Fatty' ... it was Paul Vautin.

And worst of all ... in 1999 I was invited into the players lounge at Anfield and proceeded to ask Jason McAteer what he did for a living! Oh the shame!!
Darling, Feel no Shame..there is none.

Years ago, I was invited to dinner by the Squeeze Du Jour at one of Robert Carrier's restaurants (he was quite famous at the the time as a TV Cook). At the far endo of the bar Francis Bacon (who happened to be one of Carrier's chums) and someone else quite famous in the art world were rolling on the floor making all sorts of noises in a state of advanced inebriation.

Carrier turned and said "Aren't they fun? Do you you know who they are?"and proceeded to tell us.

Precocious as ever, I thanked him and asked him who he was.

"Touchee" he replied.

Some celbs love to be recognised, some loathe it.
Old Apr 20, 2004, 6:32 am

Jeremy Beadle in the LH lounge at Frankfurt circa 2000.
Old Apr 20, 2004, 6:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI Gold, VS Silver.
Im hopeless when it comes to celebs, I wouldnt know one even if they wore a name badge, I guess I dont care either.

Unless its Ky Lie of course, I have met her often. BTW, she is taking a rest from the boards, she lost her password.
Old Apr 20, 2004, 6:45 am

lots up north..

At Manchester I've seen lots of football players, namely

Michael Owen (twice)
Emile Heskey
Stephen Gerrard
Jamie Redknapp
Michael Silvestre
Laurent Blanc
Wayne Rooney
& Peter Reid (ex-Leeds manager)

I've had a good chat with Prince Naseem Hamed and he's a really good bloke, nothing like his 'on-screen' persona. Also seen the cold feet actor John Thompson.

In the terraces lounge at LHR T1 I've seen Carol Smillie, but in two F trips and two concorde trips, never saw anyone famous.

forgot to add four Coronation street 'actors' if they can be called such.

Suranne Jones
Jonathon Wrather (Joe Carter)
Jennie McAlpine
Phil Middlemiss

Last edited by filberts sst; Apr 20, 2004 at 6:51 am Reason: to add dubious actors

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.