Wiki Posts
Search

BA web site

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 1999, 9:09 am
Original Member
Original Poster

BA web site

You may be interested to know that BA now allows Exec Club members to choose their own username and password (in place of the BA ff number and BA-assigned PIN previously used)

Also, the look and feel of the web site has changed somewhat - users are encouraged to navigate via "my TravelSpace", which opens in a small menuless window in front of the main BA page.

The one thing I don't like about the "new" site is the persistence of log-in: there is no log out button, which means that one can't log in as one Exec Club member and check another account shortly thereafter. This also raises security questions when accessing one's BA account info from a public PC.
Old Nov 10, 1999, 1:57 pm

Programs: Virgin Atlantic
Well spotted baobab. This facility is also open to UK members. BTW UK members are still better off accessing the airmiles site (www.airmiles.co.uk), which is much more up to date compared to the exec club site.
Old Nov 11, 1999, 4:23 am
Original Member

Of course that assumes that the BA Exec site is available (which it is not - AGAIN).

And the AirMiles site says "Sorry, you are unable to log on to the site.
BA Executive Club member login is currently unavailable.
Please try again later"

I thought BA were supposed to be sorting this nonsense out?

what an embarrasing joke.
Old Nov 11, 1999, 4:25 am
Original Member

Another thought:

It's not that BA don't know how to work with the technology. Their on-line ticket purchase system has always worked perfectly for me. First time, every time.

Maybe they just don't give a **** about their Exec Club members?

Perish the thought........
Old Nov 11, 1999, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
I don't think they've stopped caring about their Exec Club members -- after all, under BA's master plan, aren't we supposed to end up as the airline's sole means of support?

I just don't think they take their Web facility very seriously. It's seen as a non-critical gizmo. I'm sure the top rank of BA executives still thinks a browser is someone who wanders through Fortnum & Mason but doesn't buy anything.
Old Nov 12, 1999, 6:52 am

I would watch the website closely over the next few months. You should see dramatic improvements by late spring.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.