Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oneworld

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 1999, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Oneworld

I recently flew a multi-leg New York -Asia trip on BA and Cathay in First Class.

I could not figure out what Oneworld did for me besides linking frequent flyer programs. If you fly First or Business you have access to the airport lounges and the appropriate check-in lines.

Can anyone tell me if they have a different experience?

------------------
speedbird001
Old May 7, 1999, 2:27 pm

Changing carriers is easier. Timetables will start to be co-ordinated. Routes which would otherwise be unprofitable are feasable.

Service standards will improve across all carriers. Additional support staff are available at airports. Prices will not increase as much as savings are made. When your plane breaks down a replacement aircraft will be available quicker. Waitlist priority is avialable across all alliance partners etc etc etc

There is more to life than lounge access.

Nick
Old May 8, 1999, 1:56 am
Original Member

Yeah, like upgrades!

Ken
Old May 8, 1999, 2:55 am
Suspended

Programs: BA, SQ, AA, QF, CX, VS
For one thing, before oneWorld, you would not have been able to travel at the 'cheap' RTW fare in First Class on specific carriers like BA and Cathay. With oneWorld, consumers are offered a better choice in routings, fares and of course, frequent flier miles.

oneWorld does not mean oneAirline. So if you want to be upgraded on AA flights, join AA's programme which permits you to do that. Each oneWorld partner's frequent flyer programme benefits their members in their own ways.
Old May 9, 1999, 8:01 pm
Original Member

Location: OMNI Award Winner, Recipient: Ol' Goal Personal Sootkase Tag Award. The Very Special Punki Authentic PiP Sootkase Tag, Pin, & T-Shirt. .........PRE-
who thes spedburddublOone? las spedburd arturo kno was roderuner--beep-beep.
Old May 10, 1999, 5:11 am
Original Poster

Does KenHammer or Merry know something I don't? ....Like upgrades on OneWorld partners???
Old May 10, 1999, 5:44 am

Yes.
Old May 10, 1999, 5:51 am

Ok, seriously. Speedbird, if there is a question there, could you please be a bit more precise.

I'm not being difficult, it is just your question is filled with retoric and ambiguity.

And as we don't know what you know, we don't know what you don't know and therefore can't tell you anything which you may not know, but would benefit from knowing.

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.