Wiki Posts
Search

Crediting LATAM flights to BA

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2024, 6:29 am
formerly Sleepy_Sentry
Original Poster

Crediting LATAM flights to BA

I recently flew LATAM Z class on a Qatar Aarways codeshare (LATAM flight numbers) and used my BA frequent flyer number in the booking on the basis of this chart, which shows that miles can still be earned on LATAM flights. However five days later, there is still nothing in my BA account.

Does BA still give credit for LATAM flights or am I simply being too impatient?
Old May 20, 2024, 6:41 am

Programs: BAEC GGLfL
Originally Posted by danielflyer
I recently flew LATAM Z class on a Qatar Aarways codeshare (LATAM flight numbers) and used my BA frequent flyer number in the booking on the basis of this chart, which shows that miles can still be earned on LATAM flights. However five days later, there is still nothing in my BA account.

Does BA still give credit for LATAM flights or am I simply being too impatient?
I'd give it another week. I don't know whether the codeshare will have loused it up. Strictly a (non-BA) oneworld marketed, but not oneworld operated, flight would earn nothing for EC accounts. The exception for Avios-earning on LA marketed and operated flights may not apply where there is a codeshare.
Old May 20, 2024, 6:58 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes so had that been booked under the Latam flight number you would get avios only - I had to claim my last ones.

Booked under a QR codeshare I am not sure you are due anything. Its worth claiming tho to see if you do get something.
orbitmic, 1Aturnleft and m8_rotate like this.
Old May 20, 2024, 7:32 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Strictly, you get nothing because the flight is neither BA marketed, nor OneWorld operated and marketed.

However, I've heard of people getting both avios and tier points on Iberia marketed, LATAM operated flights, presumably as LA used to be a member of OneWorld, but that would be a bank error in your favour.
Steve74 likes this.
Old May 20, 2024, 8:38 am

Needs to be booked as LA flight numbers / LA operated in order to qualify for the Avios. QR operated isn't eligible under BA rules for these particular flights, although you may get lucky as a result of an error in your favour - it's not meant to happen.

Crediting to QR Privilege Club would work. You can then transfer the points over to your BA once they credit there. Tier points wouldn't be earned on LA anyway so it's just the Avios at stake.

LA is also notoriously slow in posting Avios to accounts so anticipate for it to take the full 28 days and retain your boarding passes incase you need to make a post travel claim for missing Avios.

Last edited by 1Aturnleft; May 20, 2024 at 9:35 am
Old May 20, 2024, 10:36 am

Programs: BA GfL, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
None of my last 6 LATAM flights have posted. I have put in for missing avios on all of them and still have received nothing (and the claims are now months old)
Old May 20, 2024, 10:38 am

Programs: Gold at BA, Hilton and Radisson.
Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
Needs to be booked as LA flight numbers / LA operated in order to qualify for the Avios.
How sure are you of this? I suspect a few of us are in the same boat with the CAI-ASU run... . Suppose your suggestion of crediting direct to QR would be better then?
Old May 20, 2024, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by ScienceTeacher
How sure are you of this? I suspect a few of us are in the same boat with the CAI-ASU run... . Suppose your suggestion of crediting direct to QR would be better then?
Im 95% certain of this when looking at similar CAI-GRU fares recently. Didn't seem worth the uncertainty to proceed with BA Exec Club when it would be guaranteed to work with QR. No tier points at stake with BA anyway so just the Avios. End result is the same - just with the extra hassle of having to move avios sat in QR over to BA via points transfer. Not sure if you'll get status credits to QR but they should do.... so an additional bonus here by doing so I suppose.
ScienceTeacher likes this.
Old May 21, 2024, 4:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Silver, Marriott Ambassador, HH diamond IHG plat
I flew Bogota to Medellin in LATAM on LATAM flight number on 29th Jan and credited to BA, avios in the BA account 1st Feb. No tier points of course. I credited the other sectors to VS and similar with FC points, so they seem to have been efficient in February!
Old May 21, 2024, 5:37 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold) , Accor (Gold) , IHG
Last Nov booked domestic LA flight GIG <> IGU <> GIG directly
On the MMB section of the LA website I added my IB+ number to my booking, and OH's BAEC to her booking
We were both awarded Avios
Flights were 12th then 14th Nov - both credited on 30th Nov (so assume they only post every few weeks), possibly end of month??
Old May 21, 2024, 8:37 am

Flew J LHR / GRU return in April '23, claimed in May '23, status as of today "your request is being processed by our airline partner".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.