Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Potentially missing BA16 tomorrow [9 May], should we cancel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Potentially missing BA16 tomorrow [9 May], should we cancel

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2024, 6:49 am

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Also for the record, Dunedin is a few hours nearer (and a better road overall). This would have involved changing at AKL though. My sympathies to the OP, my father and his family are from Greymouth and the weather down that side can turn bad very quickly.
Indeed. I was in NZ last year and in order to do a Doubtful Sound cruise, left myself a drive from Te Anau to CHC in one of those bright green campervans that have little or no torque. Beautiful drive past the Mount Cook range and Lake Pukaki, but not one for speed. I was pretty tired when I dropped off teh camper van and headed to the Airport Novotel at CHC
Old May 8, 2024, 7:07 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Also for the record, Dunedin is a few hours nearer (and a better road overall). This would have involved changing at AKL though. My sympathies to the OP, my father and his family are from Greymouth and the weather down that side can turn bad very quickly.
Is there anything you dont know CWS ?
Old May 8, 2024, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

True, but CHC has non stop flights to AU and more flights to AKL
A map from the Great Circle Mapper - Great Circle Mapper

From ZQN airport site flights this morning (09 May) look to be on time, with no cancellations
And good weather, albeit a little brisk. https://www.metservice.com/towns-cit...ons/queenstown

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.