Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA New Shorthaul Seat and Cabin Interiors - G-TNED Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA New Shorthaul Seat and Cabin Interiors - G-TNED Discussion

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2024, 1:52 pm

Programs: BA Silver, VS Silver
Originally Posted by JapesUK
Crew told me that it had a max of 82 in club! Math didnt work for me, not sure how you get 4 x 20 + 2. If true, Id dread to think what that would look like on a MAN or NCL breakfast run!
AeroLopa shows club going up to row 14. Maybe its 13 rows of Disruption Club Europe at 6 per row with middle seat kept empty in row 1 to placate GGLs??
Old May 8, 2024, 2:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue (back to Earth)
Originally Posted by Prospero
Cosmetic for operations in Northern Europe but the black frame does have a temperature stabilising effect when the aircraft sit around for long period of time in sun baked locations.
And yet Ethiopian Airlines A350s don't have it, nor do Emirates A380s etc. Doesn't black make the interior hotter?
Old May 9, 2024, 5:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
It looks like 'Ned' is bringing me back from Istanbul!
Old May 9, 2024, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Yes it operating this route today and tomorrow.
TedToToe likes this.
Old May 10, 2024, 3:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Having flown on 'Ned' yesterday afternoon, what struck me was the crew's lack of awareness, especially as they had operated the outbound. Now, I'm not expecting them to understand the intricacies of ex-bmi cabins etc. certainly, they would be 'zoned out' of things like that. But, this extended to reading out of the non-NEO safety briefing with "whistle and light/tie in a double bow". Which contrasts with a recent flight on TTNT where the IFL proactively called the crew at the rear to encourage passengers to stow their suitcases on their sides. Does anybody know BA's SOP here?
Old May 10, 2024, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There are different scripts for the NEO and CEO, sounds like poor attention by the crewmember reading the PAs and poor management by the SCCM.
Grande Annee, KARFA and TedToToe like this.
Old May 10, 2024, 9:30 am
jmd

Programs: BAEC gold
Originally Posted by Can I help you
There are different scripts for the NEO and CEO, sounds like poor attention by the crewmember reading the PAs and poor management by the SCCM.
Its a bit like when you get one of the ex-BD aircraft and the crew still happily say that wifi and in seat power are available 😀, which leads to lots of people looking confused
Old May 10, 2024, 9:54 am

I'm at work so not got enough time to scroll through the thread, but any news on the rollout of the new short haul seats (ie. which routes they might target first)?
Old May 10, 2024, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No specific route planned all down to chance.
chriswiles likes this.
Old May 10, 2024, 10:06 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze, HHonors: Silver, Virgin Flying Club: Red, Miles & More
Originally Posted by chriswiles
I'm at work so not got enough time to scroll through the thread, but any news on the rollout of the new short haul seats (ie. which routes they might target first)?
I may be wrong about this but I don't expect they will target any specific routes. This would likely be too challenging. Maybe others have more info on this.
Old May 10, 2024, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

However, realistically the aircraft should be used on longer routes as it is more economical, but we will see.
Old May 10, 2024, 11:07 am

Full Airspace cabin

Does anyone know why some airlines such as British Airways, do not choose the full airspace cabin. Which is the lighting in the galley to be featured across the whole cabin? In my opinion it would look cooler.
Old May 10, 2024, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

At a guess cost.
Swanhunter likes this.
Old May 10, 2024, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by JapesUK
Crew told me that it had a max of 82 in club! Math didnt work for me, not sure how you get 4 x 20 + 2. If true, Id dread to think what that would look like on a MAN or NCL breakfast run!
There was some communications that the max CE capacity was 84. This was a bit misleading though, as 14 rows x6 = 84. But of course the middle seat isnt used. So the actual max CE capacity remains at 56.
Old May 10, 2024, 1:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
Originally Posted by TCX69
There was some communications that the max CE capacity was 84. This was a bit misleading though, as 14 rows x6 = 84. But of course the middle seat isnt used. So the actual max CE capacity remains at 56.
Far too many IMO to give it a premium feel
LCSinTexas likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.