Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Silver Luggage Allowance on BA Redemption DOH-DBX

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2024, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: MUCCI -- What else matters?

I'm...confused ;-)

We are looking to fly on a BA redemption in economy class DOH-DBX. I think this means that the tickets will be BA tickets but on QR metal. We will be Silver at that point. Which luggage allowance applies?

- 2 x 23kg per pax ?
- 2 x 32kg per pax ?
- 23kg + 15kg per pax ?
- 2 x 23kg + 15kg per pax ?
- No luggage earn gold you peon?

I'm at my wits end trying to work out from the available information how this is supposed to work. Ideally we'd book LHR-DBX directly but it's sold out for our dates so we're doing redemption LHR-DOH and then redemption DOH-DBX a few days later...

-simon
Old May 3, 2024, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
QR base economy baggage allowance is 25kg except on flights to Africa or America where it is 1pc at 23kg. QR economy passengers with oneworld sapphire receive +15kg where the weight concept is used or +1pc where the piece concept is used. This is for the elite member only, unlike BA it doesn't extend to everyone on the booking if you have a mix of statuses.

DBX isn't a valid airport code so I can't say which applies to you.
Swanhunter and DiamondMile like this.
Old May 3, 2024, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Note that an award booking solely on QR will be subject to their luggage rules, and nothing to do with BA at all.
stifle likes this.
Old May 3, 2024, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stifle
QR base economy baggage allowance is 25kg except on flights to Africa or America where it is 1pc at 23kg. QR economy passengers with oneworld sapphire receive +15kg where the weight concept is used or +1pc where the piece concept is used. This is for the elite member only, unlike BA it doesn't extend to everyone on the booking if you have a mix of statuses.

DBX isn't a valid airport code so I can't say which applies to you.
Thank you. We are both Silver so ow sapphire. Apologies it would probably actually be DOH-AUH (into Abu Dhabi) as we've passed through there a few times but never visited; I think we can get a car service later from AUH to Dubai. Is that weight or piece?
Old May 3, 2024, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Note that an award booking solely on QR will be subject to their luggage rules, and nothing to do with BA at all.
Even if booked as a BA redemption using BA Avios?
Old May 3, 2024, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by SimonsMiles
Thank you. We are both Silver so ow sapphire. Apologies it would probably actually be DOH-AUH (into Abu Dhabi) as we've passed through there a few times but never visited; I think we can get a car service later from AUH to Dubai. Is that weight or piece?
AUH is not in America or Africa so a weight concept applies.
Yes.
Old May 3, 2024, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A safe rule of thumb is that the operating carrier rules apply to any journey. There are lots of nuances but the method of payment is rarely one of them.
DiamondMile and SimonsMiles like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.