Search

Best quick Tier Points Accumulation

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2024, 6:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
Best quick Tier Points Accumulation

Hi

Can anyone think of a better/cheaper Tier Point accrual than Abu Dhabi - (Colombo) - Jakarta return in Business on Sri Lankan that is currently showing at about £760 total and would be 560 Tier Points?

Thanks
Old May 1, 2024, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Well, it depends a lot on where one is able to start from.
Old May 1, 2024, 6:37 am
Original Poster

Hi.

I'm in London but would get a connecting flight out to the UAE (in this case).
Old May 1, 2024, 6:46 am

I think with all this it would come down to the all in cost of the trip.

Ex UK you can quite easily do a 5 Day Holiday going, GLA(or whatever regional starting point suits)-LHR-BOS-LAX-BOS-JFK-LHR-GLA in J for sub £3k. This would give you 1360 tier points. I think you could get another 40 tier points in this too. 3 nights LA, 2 in Boston.

If you need to position to GLA/EDI/MAN/JER/INV/NCL/BHD as well. In J would give you 1440/1520 tier points in under a week.

Probably a lot nicer than the CMB-CGK shuffle

For reference I am doing this for 8 nights in November and it was £3,800

I also got a 5 Night Holiday GLA-LHR-PRG in November in J for £500 which will be 320 tier points.
deanrw and Enrique Ponce like this.
Old May 1, 2024, 6:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cw novice
I think with all this it would come down to the all in cost of the trip.

Ex UK you can quite easily do a 5 Day Holiday going, GLA(or whatever regional starting point suits)-LHR-BOS-LAX-BOS-JFK-LHR-GLA in J for sub £3k. This would give you 1360 tier points. I think you could get another 40 tier points in this too. 3 nights LA, 2 in Boston.

If you need to position to GLA/EDI/MAN/JER/INV/NCL/BHD as well. In J would give you 1440/1520 tier points in under a week.

Probably a lot nicer than the CMB-CGK shuffle

For reference I am doing this for 8 nights in November and it was £3,800

I also got a 5 Night Holiday GLA-LHR-PRG in November in J for £500 which will be 320 tier points.
Thanks, very useful - how do you go about booking something like GLA-LHR-BOS-LAX-BOS-JFK-LHR-GLA...is that just online (where?) or do you have to call BA? I've looked for those kind of itineraries online before but never found them.

Also how does the BA Holiday part work - are you adding on hotels and/or cars?

I thought to get the double tier points, it all had to be on BA metal, rather than AA?

Last edited by Whenderson; May 1, 2024 at 7:10 am
Old May 1, 2024, 7:41 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Whenderson
Thanks, very useful - how do you go about booking something like GLA-LHR-BOS-LAX-BOS-JFK-LHR-GLA...is that just online (where?) or do you have to call BA? I've looked for those kind of itineraries online before but never found them.

I thought to get the double tier points, it all had to be on BA metal, rather than AA?
You may be able to book it online through the 'custom trip' option, but this part of the site is highly temperamental so you may prefer to call them. It's certainly a permitted routing - most transatlantic BA fares allow multiple changes even when unnecessary, and it's well within the maximum permitted mileage (you could even eke out a few extra TPs with a detour via HEL, at a slight supplement).

It's probably easiest to add on hotels but cars or even a mixture of both works just fine. Just be aware that with hotels, most chains don't give you the same benefits you would get if you booked direct, i.e. hotel points or status benefits. There are some exceptions though, for example Hilton still give you status-based benefits.

It needs to be all on BA flight numbers - the actual metal is irrelevent, so long as it's a Oneworld airline (and thus earns TPs).
Old May 1, 2024, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by Whenderson

I managed to do this on the multi city tool for it. Just needs to be a BA flight number for it to work even though a an AA flight.

You need to fiddle about with it a bit and make sure that it gives you Business in the AA segments as it can give you economy.

So on the multi city tool book as follows:

Flight 1

GLA-BOS

Flight 2

BOS-LAX

Flight 3

LAX-BOS

Flight 4

BOS-GLA

I hadn't intended to go via JFK on the way back but it came up as an option all in Business so I took it for the extra 40TPs.

I have found for the Transcons that you get Business BOS-LAX easier than JFK-LAX.

Looks like this for the flight numbers in MMB:

Edited to add:

As part of the multi city Holiday tool I added the hotel at the same time. Hilton LAX and Yotel in Boston. As I like the beaches Hilton at LAX is fine for me and makes my late arrival and early departure easier. Plus a nice breakfast in the Qantas F Lounge pre LAX-BOS.
PETER01, m8_rotate and flarmip like this.

Last edited by golfmad; May 1, 2024 at 9:04 am Reason: Reduced image for readability
Old May 1, 2024, 9:46 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by Cw novice
I managed to do this on the multi city tool for it. Just needs to be a BA flight number for it to work even though a an AA flight.

You need to fiddle about with it a bit and make sure that it gives you Business in the AA segments as it can give you economy.

So on the multi city tool book as follows:

Flight 1

GLA-BOS

Flight 2

BOS-LAX

Flight 3

LAX-BOS

Flight 4

BOS-GLA

I hadn't intended to go via JFK on the way back but it came up as an option all in Business so I took it for the extra 40TPs.

I have found for the Transcons that you get Business BOS-LAX easier than JFK-LAX.

Looks like this for the flight numbers in MMB:

Edited to add:

As part of the multi city Holiday tool I added the hotel at the same time. Hilton LAX and Yotel in Boston. As I like the beaches Hilton at LAX is fine for me and makes my late arrival and early departure easier. Plus a nice breakfast in the Qantas F Lounge pre LAX-BOS.

I'd love to know how to make this work ....... I tried and couldn't get the flights for under £25k!!!
Old May 1, 2024, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by hewittj1
I'd love to know how to make this work ....... I tried and couldn't get the flights for under £25k!!!
Have you got a screenshot of it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.