Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Downgrade from jfk to lhr business to premium

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Downgrade from jfk to lhr business to premium

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2024, 1:45 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by stifle
I suppose one might say that that is the incentives of the regulation working to cause BA to take the lower-compensation option of downgrading someone so they arrive less than 2 hours late.
Yes, it may be there is a disconnect here in the hierarchy of needs of some/many FTers. The primary aim of EC261 is to minimise delays and to bring consequences to airlines if they could be avoided. These attract compensation in some cases. Very much secondary to that is the impact of downgrades, which brings a reimbursement mechanism. For shorter trips the 30% minus tax reimbursement is a somewhat chary response.
Old May 3, 2024, 2:50 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
For shorter trips the 30% minus tax reimbursement is a somewhat chary response.
Am I the only one who had to look up ’chary’?🫤
DXB2745 likes this.
Old May 4, 2024, 5:55 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by PAL62V
Am I the only one who had to look up ’chary’?🫤
No, but apt. With the price differential on many routes between ET and CE, a 30% reimbursement for downgrade just doesn’t cut it. Indeed, BA could downgrade the whole cabin, generating 50% more seats and making money on the whole deal.

Reimbursement should be based on fare difference at time of purchase plus a punitive uplift of, say 30%, 50%, 75% depending on distance.
seanp7, adrianlondon and PAL62V like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.