Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Help! Paid for seats but now says I need to select

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2024, 3:40 am
Original Poster

Flying from LHR to ABZ next week and paid for exit row seats (it shows this on the receipt) but just looked at “manage my booking” and it shows we need to select seats. Any thoughts on how best to resolve? I’m traveling and have limited internet access and no phone access.
TIA
Old Apr 29, 2024, 4:01 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
With limited internet access, in the time it took you to post this you could have select seats on mmb.

If the seats you paid for are no longer available then you can claim a refund

It is possible the curtain moved back, even temporarily, that would be why you got kicked out of the seats you selected previously.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 4:18 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
You will need to give more details to get specific advice here. For example, one scenario upon very many is that Club Europe has been changed to either include or exclude the exit row. In which case we could guess whether or not the curtain will move again or not. It's difficult to compute how speculation is going to help you, or indeed what use you can make of that speculation without internet or phone access. But logically it suggests you will need to arrive a good hour before departure at LHR and select seats at that point, which is usually fairly straightforward. If you don't get the paid for seats, then you can simply claim a refund after travel, you best do that within 1 month though.
Gallus1 and DiamondMile like this.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by scottishpoet
With limited internet access, in the time it took you to post this you could have select seats on mmb.

If the seats you paid for are no longer available then you can claim a refund

It is possible the curtain moved back, even temporarily, that would be why you got kicked out of the seats you selected previously.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
You will need to give more details to get specific advice here. For example, one scenario upon very many is that Club Europe has been changed to either include or exclude the exit row. In which case we could guess whether or not the curtain will move again or not. It's difficult to compute how speculation is going to help you, or indeed what use you can make of that speculation without internet or phone access. But logically it suggests you will need to arrive a good hour before departure at LHR and select seats at that point, which is usually fairly straightforward. If you don't get the paid for seats, then you can simply claim a refund after travel, you best do that within 1 month though.

I have internet access today but didn’t want to select a seat since we already had selected seats we wanted and was worried that would change us from them. don’t think it’s a curtain position issue since we aren’t flying in Club Europe.

I wondered if the Xed our seats I see on the seating chart represent us and for some reason when I click on “manage my booking” it just isn’t seeing that we already have seats.

Is there anyway to contact BA about this. If not, it seems to be your suggestion to go ahead and select seats so that we don’t end up in middle ones.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 7:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
The curtain has moved back to behind row 8, row 9 and 10 have now been blocked and you have been moved out of row 10.

curtain moves affect economy and ce, 10c and 10d are no longer occupied

You can chose new seats or claim your money back

Or you can keep an eye on the seat map. If the curtain moves forward again you can try and get row 10 again

Keystone and DiamondMile like this.

Last edited by scottishpoet; Apr 29, 2024 at 8:25 am
Old Apr 29, 2024, 7:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
It is a potential curtain move. Currently CE is the first 8 rows. Rows 9 and 10 are now blocked as is row 8 in business. So they may be become available or row 10 may end up as a CE row.
Old May 4, 2024, 6:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kingcole974
It is a potential curtain move. Currently CE is the first 8 rows. Rows 9 and 10 are now blocked as is row 8 in business. So they may be become available or row 10 may end up as a CE row.
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
The curtain has moved back to behind row 8, row 9 and 10 have now been blocked and you have been moved out of row 10.

curtain moves affect economy and ce, 10c and 10d are no longer occupied

You can chose new seats or claim your money back

Or you can keep an eye on the seat map. If the curtain moves forward again you can try and get row 10 again

thanks all!
Old May 4, 2024, 10:10 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Clay Clayton
I have internet access today
For future reference, as well as blocking off your booking reference you probably ought to redact your real names from the picture as well.
Sad that we have to think this way, but although the internet is full of helpful souls it is also populated with a lot of b*(&%$£s
Unless you really are Tarzan in which case it may not matter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.