Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

160 Tier Points in 1 Day - Possible with domestic UK? (Please help!)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

160 Tier Points in 1 Day - Possible with domestic UK? (Please help!)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2024, 4:22 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Jersey is a very easy b2b - 40 minutes gives lounge time. See the posts a couple up from here ^^^
KARFA likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2024, 4:30 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Even arriving on stand 1 these days you seem to be able to avoid being forced landside. Having said that, even in that worse case scenario I would still be confident of getting round and back to the gate in time before it closes.
Old Apr 21, 2024, 4:40 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
In the event you are forced landside in JER, all you do is head out through the baggage claim, right into the arrivals terminal, out the front and go round the L in the forecourt to the right. Then security is on your right as you enter and you're about 50 yards from the gate corridor. It's really nothing to be remotely concerned about, you'll be in the lounge probably while other passengers are still disembarking.
Old Apr 21, 2024, 6:39 am

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).
LHR-NCL-LHR-MAN-LHR booked on a single ticket as multi city LHR NCL / NCL-MAN / MAN-LHR would have worked on 6th May

Price today £803.05 with the option of saving £802.05 on the cash price by bunging a shed load of avios.

Separate flights
£340 LHR-NCL-LHR with possible saving of up to £230 with avios
£502 LHR-MAN-LHR with possible saving of up to £420 with avios
​​​​​​

Last edited by heartybob; Apr 21, 2024 at 7:46 am Reason: Add val
Old Apr 21, 2024, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Ok, awesome, thank you!

Last thing - someone above mentioned that I will not get tier points if i go to the same destination twice in one day? Is that correct?
Old Apr 21, 2024, 7:28 am

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by heartybob
LHR-NCL-LHR-MAN-LHR booked on a single ticket as multi city LHR NCL / NCL-MAN / MAN-LHR would have worked on 6th May

Price today £803 with the option of saving on the cash price by bunging some avios.

Separate flights
£340 LHR-NCL-LHR with possible saving of up to £230 with avios
£502 LHR-MAN-LHR with possible saving of up to £420 with avios
The issuie that weekend with anything along the West side of The UK (WCML) is rail line closures leading to excruciatingly long railway journeys, possibly still including a bus transfer Noirth of Oxenholme up to Carlisle and Scotland..
Old Apr 21, 2024, 7:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/ Skywards Gold/Hilton Diamond
I feel the pain trying to do this I am trying to do something similar in May to get 100 TPs in one day to reach gold and struggling despite looking at diff permutations .
Old Apr 21, 2024, 7:43 am

I will make the obvious point here when trying to find cheap domestic fares. if you are trying to do them as daytrip returns you will be in expensive-ville by default. If you are trying to do it on a Saturday or Sunday you may find cheap G class daytrip fares in ET, and then hope for POUGs.

If possible do then as a one night return, preferably over a Saturday night. Ideally do two returns spread over a week with one nested in the other - you will find some dramatically cheaper CE domestic return fares if you can do it this way.
Old Apr 21, 2024, 7:49 am

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).
Originally Posted by ag92
Last thing - someone above mentioned that I will not get tier points if i go to the same destination twice in one day? Is that correct?
Nonsense

By the way I've edited my post to indicate that the cash price of the single ticket multi city option comes down to as low as £1 but for that you will need to bung in circa 178000 avios. More reasonable options are available of course.
ag92 likes this.

Last edited by heartybob; Apr 21, 2024 at 7:58 am
Old Apr 21, 2024, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by heartybob
Nonsense
if you do the same route on the same day, only one will post, and you will have to retro claim the other.

for example:

1. NCL-LHR
2. LHR-NCL
3. NCL-LHR
4. LHR-MAN

Flight 1, 2, and 4 will post. Flight 3, even tho it’s a different flight number, won’t post and you will have to claim it after. No question you are due the points for 3 of course.
Old Apr 21, 2024, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
This would be ideal but means it is a 40min layover at JER. Is that cutting it too tight? I will of course not have any luggage with me and can run - but just want to confirm?
As mentioned by others, JER is a simple B2B. You won’t have any issues. And you will already know all the ins and outs as you will already have done it once already that day and the route to the lounge will be fresh in your mind.

I think a short connection time at JER is preferable to a short connection time at LHR for one option you were considering.
Old Apr 21, 2024, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Haha it is to cross the 5k tier points for GGL! Cycle ends May 8th..

Update -
So I managed to book 735AM LHR - 840AM JER and 940AM JER - 1050AM LHR. Now I am trying to find the second flight for that day. The best option I am seeing is 1140AM LHR - 1PM BHD but is that 50min layover at LHR (between landing in LHR from JER and departing for BHD) cutting it too fine?
Definitely. You have to re-clear security at LHR. And without a passport you will have to do this from landside; it takes very, very little to make you miss the 35 minute conformance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.