Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

OLCI for BA codeshare IB flight - IT does it again

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2024, 4:53 am
Original Poster

Trying to check in for tomorrow's LHR-MAD flight. BA ticket on IB. BA's flaky IT wants me to check in but of course it doesn't work. I know there's an IB PNR somewhere that will allow me to check in on IB website, but can't find it. Can someone tell me how to find their five-character PNR from a BA purchase?
Old Apr 13, 2024, 4:56 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by PAL62V
Trying to check in for tomorrow's LHR-MAD flight. BA ticket on IB. BA's flaky IT wants me to check in but of course it doesn't work. I know there's an IB PNR somewhere that will allow me to check in on IB website, but can't find it. Can someone tell me how to find their five-character PNR from a BA purchase?
If it's anything like the AA PNRs on BA tickets then you'll find it in MMB by trying to choose your seat.
KARFA likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2024, 5:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by c1223
If it's anything like the AA PNRs on BA tickets then you'll find it in MMB by trying to choose your seat.
You're a genius! Thank you!
Old Apr 13, 2024, 5:07 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Just use the Iberia App using the BA Amadeus PNR, it will auto covert to the Iberia Travelport PNR.
seanp7, PAL62V, Markie and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 13, 2024, 5:24 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Well I cannot get IB’s MMB to work… ever! Last year could not OLCI and this year trying to allocate seats on an early 2025 booking. Just keep getting ‘server error’.
Am I right in assuming that I can call IB’s UK number at some point and do it that way?
Old Apr 13, 2024, 5:58 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BA or bust
Well I cannot get IB’s MMB to work… ever! Last year could not OLCI and this year trying to allocate seats on an early 2025 booking. Just keep getting ‘server error’.
Am I right in assuming that I can call IB’s UK number at some point and do it that way?
If you want to select seats, just try the RJ or royal air maroc sites.
marcolau317 likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2024, 7:24 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by BA or bust
Originally Posted by KARFA
Except as I try to assign seats for March 2025 via RJ errors there's still error messages. I think IB has not load the seat map into the system yet for flights in 2025.
Old Apr 13, 2024, 7:52 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Could be. Are you sure the seats you are trying to select are free? RJ has a habit sometimes of not showing what is taken and allowing you to select, then just erroring when you try and confirm if they are already taken.
Old Apr 13, 2024, 7:59 am

Programs: BAEC
Could be. Are you sure the seats you are trying to select are free? RJ has a habit sometimes of not showing what is taken and allowing you to select, then just erroring when you try and confirm if they are already taken.
That’s another issue once the seat map is loaded. Now I just get an error message with no seat map loaded at all for IB flights this far away (contrary to other non-IB flights where at least I can see the seat layout)
Old Apr 13, 2024, 8:15 am

As far as I know Iberia do not use the same system as BA does so it is nothing to do with the IT at all as it is not a BA flight , if you obtain the Iberia Booking Reference you should be able to check in with Iberia on their website
Old Apr 13, 2024, 8:18 am

Thank you KARFA, IIRC I tried a few weeks ago when I booked, but just tried again and it finally worked on RJ. Thank you.
KARFA likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2024, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by marcolau317
Except as I try to assign seats for March 2025 via RJ errors there's still error messages. I think IB has not load the seat map into the system yet for flights in 2025.
IB loads seat maps about 10 months out.
Old Apr 13, 2024, 9:56 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by BA6501
IB loads seat maps about 10 months out.
I think it's 329 days, but that may give a false sense of accuracy! It relates to Teleport's handling of seating.
Old Apr 13, 2024, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JHodgson0801
As far as I know Iberia do not use the same system as BA does so it is nothing to do with the IT at all as it is not a BA flight , if you obtain the Iberia Booking Reference you should be able to check in with Iberia on their website
Well the flaky BA IT is actually a factor here - the website 'allows' you to check in online. Normally when you select that, it should send you over to IB's website to complete the checkin. However all I could get was the usual apology.... Not very helpful if you didn't know to manually head over to IB. And the fact the IB PNR is basically hidden in a place most of us would never think to look, and is not on the e-ticket from BA. Basically, pretty hopeless.
Old Apr 13, 2024, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by PAL62V
Well the flaky BA IT is actually a factor here - the website 'allows' you to check in online. Normally when you select that, it should send you over to IB's website to complete the checkin. However all I could get was the usual apology.... Not very helpful if you didn't know to manually head over to IB. And the fact the IB PNR is basically hidden in a place most of us would never think to look, and is not on the e-ticket from BA. Basically, pretty hopeless.
Agree, it really is pathetic when two companies within the same group cannot get their IT to connect and one has to go to a completely different airline’s website to do stuff.
IAG IT =

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.