FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   OLCI for BA codeshare IB flight - IT does it again (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2157848-olci-ba-codeshare-ib-flight-does-again.html)

PAL62V Apr 13, 2024 4:53 am

OLCI for BA codeshare IB flight - IT does it again

Trying to check in for tomorrow's LHR-MAD flight. BA ticket on IB. BA's flaky IT wants me to check in but of course it doesn't work. I know there's an IB PNR somewhere that will allow me to check in on IB website, but can't find it. Can someone tell me how to find their five-character PNR from a BA purchase?

c1223 Apr 13, 2024 4:56 am

Originally Posted by PAL62V (Post 36156978)
Trying to check in for tomorrow's LHR-MAD flight. BA ticket on IB. BA's flaky IT wants me to check in but of course it doesn't work. I know there's an IB PNR somewhere that will allow me to check in on IB website, but can't find it. Can someone tell me how to find their five-character PNR from a BA purchase?

If it's anything like the AA PNRs on BA tickets then you'll find it in MMB by trying to choose your seat.

PAL62V Apr 13, 2024 5:07 am

Originally Posted by c1223 (Post 36156983)
If it's anything like the AA PNRs on BA tickets then you'll find it in MMB by trying to choose your seat.

You're a genius! Thank you!

corporate-wage-slave Apr 13, 2024 5:07 am

Just use the Iberia App using the BA Amadeus PNR, it will auto covert to the Iberia Travelport PNR.

BA or bust Apr 13, 2024 5:24 am

Well I cannot get IB’s MMB to work… ever! Last year could not OLCI and this year trying to allocate seats on an early 2025 booking. Just keep getting ‘server error’.
Am I right in assuming that I can call IB’s UK number at some point and do it that way?

KARFA Apr 13, 2024 5:58 am

Originally Posted by BA or bust (Post 36157033)
Well I cannot get IB’s MMB to work… ever! Last year could not OLCI and this year trying to allocate seats on an early 2025 booking. Just keep getting ‘server error’.
Am I right in assuming that I can call IB’s UK number at some point and do it that way?

If you want to select seats, just try the RJ or royal air maroc sites.

marcolau317 Apr 13, 2024 7:24 am

Originally Posted by BA or bust (Post 36157033)

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 36157072)

Except as I try to assign seats for March 2025 via RJ errors there's still error messages. I think IB has not load the seat map into the system yet for flights in 2025.

KARFA Apr 13, 2024 7:52 am

Could be. Are you sure the seats you are trying to select are free? RJ has a habit sometimes of not showing what is taken and allowing you to select, then just erroring when you try and confirm if they are already taken.

marcolau317 Apr 13, 2024 7:59 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 36157222)
Could be. Are you sure the seats you are trying to select are free? RJ has a habit sometimes of not showing what is taken and allowing you to select, then just erroring when you try and confirm if they are already taken.

That’s another issue once the seat map is loaded. Now I just get an error message with no seat map loaded at all for IB flights this far away (contrary to other non-IB flights where at least I can see the seat layout)

JHodgson0801 Apr 13, 2024 8:15 am

As far as I know Iberia do not use the same system as BA does so it is nothing to do with the IT at all as it is not a BA flight , if you obtain the Iberia Booking Reference you should be able to check in with Iberia on their website

BA or bust Apr 13, 2024 8:18 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 36157072)

Thank you KARFA, IIRC I tried a few weeks ago when I booked, but just tried again and it finally worked on RJ. Thank you.

BA6501 Apr 13, 2024 9:51 am

Originally Posted by marcolau317 (Post 36157187)
Except as I try to assign seats for March 2025 via RJ errors there's still error messages. I think IB has not load the seat map into the system yet for flights in 2025.

IB loads seat maps about 10 months out.

corporate-wage-slave Apr 13, 2024 9:56 am

Originally Posted by BA6501 (Post 36157407)
IB loads seat maps about 10 months out.

I think it's 329 days, but that may give a false sense of accuracy! It relates to Teleport's handling of seating.

PAL62V Apr 13, 2024 10:28 am

Originally Posted by JHodgson0801 (Post 36157259)
As far as I know Iberia do not use the same system as BA does so it is nothing to do with the IT at all as it is not a BA flight , if you obtain the Iberia Booking Reference you should be able to check in with Iberia on their website

Well the flaky BA IT is actually a factor here - the website 'allows' you to check in online. Normally when you select that, it should send you over to IB's website to complete the checkin. However all I could get was the usual apology.... Not very helpful if you didn't know to manually head over to IB. And the fact the IB PNR is basically hidden in a place most of us would never think to look, and is not on the e-ticket from BA. Basically, pretty hopeless.

BA or bust Apr 13, 2024 11:18 am

Originally Posted by PAL62V (Post 36157468)
Well the flaky BA IT is actually a factor here - the website 'allows' you to check in online. Normally when you select that, it should send you over to IB's website to complete the checkin. However all I could get was the usual apology.... Not very helpful if you didn't know to manually head over to IB. And the fact the IB PNR is basically hidden in a place most of us would never think to look, and is not on the e-ticket from BA. Basically, pretty hopeless.

Agree, it really is pathetic when two companies within the same group cannot get their IT to connect and one has to go to a completely different airline’s website to do stuff.
IAG IT = :td: