Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Adverse Weather Conditions - Thursday 28th March

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Adverse Weather Conditions - Thursday 28th March

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2024, 4:56 am

Programs: BA Gold
296 from ORD discontinued approach due to some fairly blustery cross winds and I understand the previous aircraft was slow to vacate 27R.

Well communicated by the cabin lead and Captain, and now on the ground.
becks1 and earlscourtflyer like this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 7:38 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Looks like BA have prioritised flight times over catering, meaning an email advising no catering on today's BA319 (not an issue for us on a 45min flight).

M
Old Mar 28, 2024, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LapLap
Woke up to find that MrLapLap had forwarded his BA message inviting him to change to an earlier flight for his 17:55 departure from VCE to LHR to BA.
I was fast asleep when it arrived and he’s too groggy to interact now. The midday departure is too soon, he still has work that needs to get done before he can return.

Same “adverse weather” reason given.

I’ve been checking out accommodation options for tonight, at least they are reasonable when you don’t have to be out on the lagoon itself.
He’s landed. 3 loops before the final approach, but seems the pilots took the adverse weather in their stride today.

Old Mar 28, 2024, 2:01 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
He’s landed. 3 loops before the final approach, but seems the pilots took the adverse weather in their stride today.
He is home and he is safe - and that is the most important thing. I was watching French news and it showed the storm which was intense - it is really going to hit the UK tonight. I am sure that there will be diversions.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
He is home and he is safe - and that is the most important thing. I was watching French news and it showed the storm which was intense - it is really going to hit the UK tonight. I am sure that there will be diversions.
Yes, I’m very pleased he’s out of the sky safely.

Alas, still feeling a bit queasy from the ride down, he’s currently dealing with the shuttle to the luggage point. As he described it “the one with the failed dreams and white lies slogans, like a crappy capitalist version of 1984. So depressing”

I hadn’t seen this myself, it’s nauseating.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 2:18 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
There were about 14 go-arounds whilst BJTV was on air. An Air India flight from DEL ended up throwing in the towel, doing several laps of the Ockham stack and diverting to BHX. It’s scheduled to come back to LHR later and try again. Most managed to stick their landings despite the challenging conditions though, some excellent airmanship on display today.
LapLap, becks1 and VorelNaCestach like this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tiger_lily
There were about 14 go-arounds whilst BJTV was on air. An Air India flight from DEL ended up throwing in the towel, doing several laps of the Ockham stack and diverting to BHX. It’s scheduled to come back to LHR later and try again. Most managed to stick their landings despite the challenging conditions though, some excellent airmanship on display today.
Shame that flair and professionalism doesn’t extend to passport control. There is at least one woman at LHR this evening hawking up all her venom and spite to spew it loudly at everyone putting their documents on the scanners. No pretence at a welcome, just irritation and anger. (Push harder! You are doing it wrong! Push! Push!)
Tiger_lily likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 2:29 pm

BA1402 just landed in MAN, quite a delayed pushback at LHR, then more waiting up by T2 and a very long trundle along the runway before the engines spooled up at 19:40ish - 1hr05 late. Very apologetic first officer explaining there have been quite a few go arounds due to the wind, impacting on the departure rate as well.

Now the airbridge at MAN is broken, so ground staff are tracking down some steps…
LapLap and Geordie405 like this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by squawk
BA1402 just landed in MAN, quite a delayed pushback at LHR, then more waiting up by T2 and a very long trundle along the runway before the engines spooled up at 19:40ish - 1hr05 late. Very apologetic first officer explaining there have been quite a few go arounds due to the wind, impacting on the departure rate as well.

Now the airbridge at MAN is broken, so ground staff are tracking down some steps…
So close now, hope you don’t catch pneumonia on the last leg home.
squawk likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 3:06 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

So close now, hope you don’t catch pneumonia on the last leg home.
It's bloody freezing! Pretty sure last year we were sat outside Ancoats with me worrying I'd not got any sunscreen on!
Old Mar 28, 2024, 3:15 pm

Programs: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
there were several afterwards, not the best weather we are having today. I was surprise to see even B747 ATG2261 go around.
Tiger_lily likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 4:17 pm

Did anyone else catch the heavy landing of the 747 Singapore , ams - Lhr

was watching it whilst on my break in work
Old Mar 28, 2024, 4:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
The Finnair A350 was quite a sporting departure (almost 2 hours late). AY1338 was definitely wobbling on the way up, could even feel the aircraft twitching when we were sat at the gate!
becks1 likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 4:45 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by mwp1
Did anyone else catch the heavy landing of the 747 Singapore , ams - Lhr

was watching it whilst on my break in work
🙋‍♀️
yep, watched that one
Old Mar 28, 2024, 4:49 pm

🙋‍♀️
yep, watched that one
think it’s under carriage needs a good check😆
Tiger_lily likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.