Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Not enough meals in Club Europe ATH-LHR

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2024, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by Finland Station
Do remember that catering on board is complimentary, so when there is no food you haven't really lost out anything. I think that's been BA's line in the past, but that may have been when The Intern™️ was doing a stint in Customer Relations.
This is also LNER's claim when there's no food in first class. Obviously it's one of the core reasons people book the ticket and there's nothing like service recovery that says "actually, you weren't entitled to it in the first place"!
bafan, Geordie405 and subject2load like this.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 10:58 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
the £10 voucher is not compensation. the OP is due compensation on top of that.
And I wonder if such compensation was offered or made aware as being available to everyone on board. Or perhaps will be proactively paid.

Actually it's not something I need to wonder about for too long, given how obvious the answer is...

Nope, BA is hoping that most people will just consider the £10 to be the extent of any 'compensation'
Old Mar 26, 2024, 11:01 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Honie
This is interesting, my sons just arrived from Amsterdam and had no onboard catering, vouchers given in departures. I didn't realise compensation would be available as the food service is 'complimentary, I'll let him know.
Please please please don't perpetuate the 'complimentary' food idea. It's not BAs finest hour in trying to wriggle out of delivering what you pay for.
aristoph likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 11:14 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Thus the Customer Relations people are swamped
We had a presentation last week where I work (a big UK bank), and they were demonstrating AI use in responding to complaints.

The trials used AI alongside the normal Customer Relation process, so the responses and letters (or emails) were compared. In every single case, the AI response was better than the human response.

I'll predict that all complaints will be handled by AI within 5 years... and probably the majority of other CS interactions.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 11:30 am

Programs: Alitalia MilleMiglia, British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Plus, Lufthansa Miles & More
Originally Posted by infrequentflytalker
This is also LNER's claim when there's no food in first class. Obviously it's one of the core reasons people book the ticket and there's nothing like service recovery that says "actually, you weren't entitled to it in the first place"!
And Cross Country Trains. There have been no sandwiches available in first class on my last three journeys. It seems that catering "may change or may be withdrawn at any time". Very customer-unfriendly and totally unreasonable.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 11:49 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum (Oneworld Emerald)
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
We had a presentation last week where I work (a big UK bank), and they were demonstrating AI use in responding to complaints.

The trials used AI alongside the normal Customer Relation process, so the responses and letters (or emails) were compared. In every single case, the AI response was better than the human response.

I'll predict that all complaints will be handled by AI within 5 years... and probably the majority of other CS interactions.
Most responses are already like you're talking to AI when you get a random answer, clearly just copy/paste from a generic template, having little to do with your actual complaint.

Years of underinvestment in staff and training... management treating them like the robots that are going to replace them.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 11:53 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by LondonAussie
Most responses are already like you're talking to AI when you get a random answer, clearly just copy/paste from a generic template, having little to do with your actual complaint.
But that's the opposite of a decent AI response. The responses I saw were actually tailored to the person and the complaint.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 11:57 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum (Oneworld Emerald)
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
But that's the opposite of a decent AI response. The responses I saw were actually tailored to the person and the complaint.
Most AI customer service chat bots are infuriatingly useless, so that's quite the result. Sounds like your bank has actually spent a lot of money on the AI. I imagine more than they currently pay the human customer relations department they're comparing it to. And they likely trained it on much better responses than the existing templates the human staff are forced to use for their responses.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.