Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New CW Amenity Bag

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2024, 6:54 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by firstlight
It's just the right shape for storing power adapters and cables for a trip...
You have put ideas in my head. I have a bag that I go from American. However it gets rather full - this will do perfectly for the onboard cables to keep the Ipad charged as the IFE is mostly pitched at those who are transiting to solid food. The trouble is with this white colour is that it will look quite grubby quite quickly I fear.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by Welcome On Board
There is indeed a ‘refresh’ coming to the amenity kits and you’ll start to see them onboard in the coming weeks.

Contents remain the same however the pen will be removed and all plastic packaging will now be paper along with a new bamboo toothbrush.
The contents have been the same for the last 6yrs. It's a pity these can be switched up or around to make the option more exciting
Old Mar 25, 2024, 11:10 am

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
As a reasonably regular flier to and from TLV may I ask what Club World is
Old Mar 25, 2024, 11:17 am

Programs: BAEC GfL
Originally Posted by navylad
I tend to put mine into the Emergency Department work in, they can then be used to give to people who don’t have a lot such as people who are homeless. A pair of new socks and a toothbrush can be a welcome gift for them.
This is similar to what Mrs Royalscot & I do where we give them to the Paediatric Intensive care unit where parents can suddenly find themselves with the sick infant at little or no notice. The feedback has always been very positive from our contacts at the hospital.
flygirl68, mco66 and TheJayHatch like this.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 11:23 am

Programs: Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż
Originally Posted by firstlight
It's just the right shape for storing power adapters and cables for a trip...
I use Cathay's for storing my cables and power adapters. It has similar shape.
Some of my friends use BA bag to store their travel documents
becks1 likes this.

Last edited by VorelNaCestach; Mar 25, 2024 at 11:35 am
Old Mar 25, 2024, 11:56 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by VorelNaCestach
Some of my friends use BA bag to store their travel documents
No - this would be courting disaster with my husband, I ensure that he wears a shirt with a pocket and his passport goes in there. That way it leaves the aircraft with us. Smug that I had found a fool=proof system he managed to have it fall into his seat in J. The crew were simply wonderful and managed to plumb the depths and retrieve it, The rest of the documents stay with me in my handbag along with the Marmalade sandwiches
Old Mar 25, 2024, 12:54 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Can’t say I like the white but I do like the new shape. Sigh at the loss of the pen. That has gotten me out of trouble in the past and tbh I’d have sooner seen the back of that ‘pulse point’ stick and the socks.
becks1 likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 1:01 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
As others have said for reused the white doesn't seem like it'll stay white for long. It might be somewhat easier to see at the bottom of a bag though, especially as all my other little baggies tend to be blue/black…
Old Mar 25, 2024, 2:19 pm
A13

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Always Somewhere Else
Can’t say I like the white but I do like the new shape. Sigh at the loss of the pen. That has gotten me out of trouble in the past and tbh I’d have sooner seen the back of that ‘pulse point’ stick and the socks.
pulse point thing is my favourite part of the current offering (outside of the functional earplugs), though I just enjoy a good sniff of the end rather than applying anywhere..
Old Mar 25, 2024, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
No - this would be courting disaster with my husband, I ensure that he wears a shirt with a pocket and his passport goes in there. That way it leaves the aircraft with us. Smug that I had found a fool=proof system he managed to have it fall into his seat in J. The crew were simply wonderful and managed to plumb the depths and retrieve it, The rest of the documents stay with me in my handbag along with the Marmalade sandwiches
And there’s the rub … shirt pockets are vulnerable to escape items. Forgive my unfashionable dress code, but I travel in Cargos, with the passport and BP in a velcro- or zip-secured leg pocket. iWife has her carry-on of many mysterious outer pockets, which I have never dared to explore.
PUCCI GALORE, BA or bust and Lefly like this.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 4:14 pm

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Though I have accumulated various bags from BA and other airlines over the years, my consistent favourites are the blue cloth bags from Club from a few years ago. They are my go to for lots of stuff. They also double up as a handy bag to pop your book, headphones and sunglasses on when going down to the sun-loungers at a hotel. Mine have been through the wash a few times and still look as good as new.
As for these latest ones, I agree the boxier shape is better, but white?
HIDDY, Teefaf, redrose59 and 4 others like this.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 4:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by BA or bust
As for these latest ones, I agree the boxier shape is better, but white?
That was my first thought as well....it wouldn't stay white very long in my grubby hands. I'm sure I've got a similar shaped one in my collection but in blue or brown? Not sure though, as my missus stashes them away somewhere never to see the light of day again!!
BA or bust likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 5:05 pm

I’ve still got, and use, a couple of Anya Hindmarch BAg’s from the mid 2000s that I use for cables. A quality product that’s stood the test of time.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 5:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Didn't they have white amenity kits at some point years ago right after those shoe bags? I'm pretty sure I've a white one somewhere at home. Currently onboard BA183 to JFK and the pen has definitely been enhanced away...
Old Mar 25, 2024, 5:41 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
I use my black one for my eyedrops and blood pressure pills…

As for original contents, I do wish they would include a mini deodorant spray. That would be much more useful (for me anyway) than lip balm.
HIDDY and becks1 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.