Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Least expensive cities from UK/Eur to Australia in J.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2024, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

Hello.
I'm looking for advice.
Does anyone have suggestions on the least expensive originating city using BA flight numbers from the UK/Eur to any city in AUS. I would have a slight preference for Perth.

Thanks.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Least expensive cities from UK/Eur to AUS in J.

Originally Posted by chuck1
I'm looking for advice.
Does anyone have suggestions on the least expensive originating city using BA flight numbers from the UK/Eur to any city in AUS. I would have a slight preference for Perth..
AUS = https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austin...tional_Airport
When I read the last word realised you meant AU ~ Australia ~ Aussie.

Want BA flight numbers for BAEC qualification?
BA only fly's LHR-SIN-SYD, but a BA codeshare on QF SYD to BNE-MEL will give the BA flight number.
QR Qatar fly's to all main AU cities, BNE SYD MEL ADL PER. But have not checked if they codeshare with BA

Oneworld into PER limited.
QF LHR-PER will not meet your "least expensive" criteria. Probably the most expensive. No idea if a BA codeshare
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perth_Airport
nancypants likes this.

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Mar 24, 2024 at 12:22 am Reason: added PER info
Old Mar 23, 2024, 11:37 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
Starting in Oslo has worked for me
have a play in Google flights
Others to try arn,.ams
Old Mar 24, 2024, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Do a search - there are many threads on people asking for cheap ow flights from Europe to Australia. Your version is more restrictive as you want ba flight numbers but just decide which recommendations others have made to explore or not based on that.
Mwenenzi likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 4:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
There are no hidden ex-EU gems to Australia that I can find. I have a great love for the Qantas direct flight to PER but it’s the most premium option, you will do well to find it for less than £5K and that would probably be GOT.
TheRealBabushka likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
LOTS of good deals popping up (and leaving again) if you forget BA. Etihad was €2,500 out of Vienna a few weeks ago. The Chinese carriers have £2,000 fares ex-Europe on a regular basis at the moment. These are going to be very expensive tier points if you tie yourself into BA.
orbitmic and MeltingAlf like this.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 5:15 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum (Oneworld Emerald)
BA and QF are almost always the most expensive options. You can sometimes find a good deal on a QF ticket flying their EK codeshares.

If you are committed to Oneworld, the least expensive options are usually QR, CX and AY.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 12:29 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Its a very roundabout routing but DONE4 round the world fares out of Cairo are currently a steal (see Premium Fare thread on ex Cairo fares). I booked CAI-CMN-JFK-LAX//LAX-MEL//MEL-KUL//KUL-LHR//LGW-MAD-CAI for just over £2800. I avoided BA flights as surcharges too high but could easily incorporate multiple BA legs. Earns 920 TPs and 40k Avios, far from optomized.
HarbourGent likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

I'm looking to credit to AA. AA gives Loyalty Points based on purchased fare with their flight numbers along with BA or IB. As an Exec Platinum, I get the fare x 11.
CX, QR, AY are a bit less expensive but earn Loyalty Points based on fare. It's significantly less.

I found BA flight numbers ZRH-LHR-HKG-PER. HKG-PER is CX operated BA coded. The fare is $4676 one-way.

There is also AA ZRH-LHR-DFW-HNL-SYD-PER for $3802. That would earn more but seems like a much longer trip that I would break up at London and Dallas and Honolulu.
Their price getting off in SYD is the same.

It used to be you could AA miles flying on EK with a QF flight number but that seems to been eliminated.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 12:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
My tuppence worth is CDG or BRU via HEL to BKK with AY in biz.be flexible and use Google Flights to base the price Then it's a down the back trip to Aussie on Thai direct (non one world) or QF via SIN but again unless flush with cash it would be down the back. Or look at MH via KUL. Never cheap or easy to find Aussie fares in biz all the way cheap but good luck.

For me, my latest booking is PER-SIN-HND-CDG-HND-SYD-PER. Utilises Qantas and JAL all in biz for.around 3,200 UK pounds return.
SW7London likes this.

Last edited by nivsy; Mar 25, 2024 at 1:02 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.